• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Someone in the other thread mentioned Jeff Samardzija. I like that idea too, 4-5 yrs 17-19M. I would have put it in the other thread but I wanted to add a trade Idea too it as well. We need a dominate presence to hand the ball too, when we need a sure thing dominate performance (Like Weaver a few years ago). Chris Sale is an 1A type of starter, plus team control for cheap is a rarity. 

Chris Sale for a Calhoun and Newcomb starting point.

The idea of a three team blockbuster deal, could be interesting. Maybe something involving Atlanta or Cincinnati's shortstop and bullpen arms?

I would guess any Simmons trade would involve Heaney. Would you give up Heaney for Simmons?

Hell no. I would seriously rage If Heaney gets traded.

Edited by failos

Someone in the other thread mentioned Jeff Samardzija. I like that idea too, 4-5 yrs 17-19M. I would have put it in the other thread but I wanted to add a trade Idea too it as well. We need a dominate presence to hand the ball too, when we need a sure thing dominate performance (Like Weaver a few years ago). Chris Sale is an 1A type of starter, plus team control for cheap is a rarity. 

Chris Sale for a Calhoun and Newcomb starting point.

The idea of a three team blockbuster deal, could be interesting. Maybe something involving Atlanta or Cincinnati's shortstop and bullpen arms?

I appreciate your ballsy trade suggestions for Manny Machado and now Chris Sale, but neither of those guys are going to be traded right now. If they were, the Angels don't have anywhere near the pieces it would take to get them.

^^^Yes they do. It's just it would cripple the team. Saying the Angels don't have the pieces means that the O's would reject Trout, Heaney, Richards, Newcomb etc. See how foolish that is?

What is the point of this post? You know what I meant. The Angels don't have the TRADEABLE assets to acquire someone like Machado or Sale. Trout is not being traded. Neither is Richards.

Andrelton Simmons traded to #Angels, per @JesseSanchezMLB.

if this is true, it's going to inform my opinion on our new FO so much i may die from the weight of it.

also, why would the braves trade him so soon. there's plenty of market for simmons. if he really was traded today, then i'd have to think the angels got raped. 

Edited by ukyah

I appreciate your ballsy trade suggestions for Manny Machado and now Chris Sale, but neither of those guys are going to be traded right now. If they were, the Angels don't have anywhere near the pieces it would take to get them.

I appreciate your appreciation Tdawg but you want too win don't you! Too simply right it off is crazy, were talking about major league type talent and mid tier prospects (It's pretty much all we got now). Having a real chance at winning one right now, will offset your sadness for a few kids down the road. Players today take precedent over players tomorrow.

I don't think you understood what I was saying. Obviously I would trade anything under the sun to get Machado or Sale. But the Angels don't have the prospects it would take to get either of them, if they were to be made available. Especially not now, after the Simmons trade.

I don't think you understood what I was saying. Obviously I would trade anything under the sun to get Machado or Sale. But the Angels don't have the prospects it would take to get either of them, if they were to be made available. Especially not now, after the Simmons trade.

I mean we could always make it a little more interesting add another team or two. Bal, Chw, Cincy, and even the Metropolitan's could be a few interested parties.

If I were Heyward I would have no desire to join the Angels. As long as the Cardinals are in the ballpark of what the Angels hypothetically offer why would I leave one of the best run organizations in baseball to play in crap Anaheim?

Ummm let's see.... Temperate weather, beaches, plenty of everything you could ever want.... get to play with Mike Trout the greatest player in baseball, the Machine, Simmons the best defensive SS in the game and oh by the way we're going to pay him the most money out of all the other teams?

Does that about cover it?

Oh and the Card's won't go to 10 years/$220-250MM like the Angels will so yeah.

If I were Heyward I would have no desire to join the Angels. As long as the Cardinals are in the ballpark of what the Angels hypothetically offer why would I leave one of the best run organizations in baseball to play in crap Anaheim?

That's absurd. He's going to go where the money is.