• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

If I were Heyward I would have no desire to join the Angels. As long as the Cardinals are in the ballpark of what the Angels hypothetically offer why would I leave one of the best run organizations in baseball to play in crap Anaheim?

What's so bad about playing in Southern California..witha future hall of famer in Albert to pick his brain..play along side the best player in the game..and an owner who wants to win year in and year out?

Ummm let's see.... Temperate weather, beaches, plenty of everything you could ever want.... get to play with Mike Trout the greatest player in baseball, the Machine, Simmons the best defensive SS in the game and oh by the way we're going to pay him the most money out of all the other teams?

Does that about cover it?

Oh and the Card's won't go to 10 years/$220-250MM like the Angels will so yeah.

Funny how fans think Anaheim is Heaven on earth.

It does have some appeal but please.

@Ken_Rosenthal 9s10 seconds ago

#Padres getting Margot, Guerra, Asuaje, and Allen from #RedSox for Kimbrel, per @JonHeymanCBS, @alexspeier and others.

Padres wanted Paul Goldschmidt for Kimbrel last season(not a typo). Don't know how that compares.

kimbrel for goldy...cue the joker laugh from dark knight, the one where he was being sarcastic

Wieters was a guy I was kind of interested in.  Anyway, still fine with Perez/Bandy next year.  Perez showed a lot down the stretch i think.  I think he can be an above average guy at catcher.

What about John Jaso 1 yr 3-5M, to backup Carlos. Its obviously not the first choice and it just shows you that not everyone likes or succeeds there but what about making a trade for Pablo Sandoval in Boston. He had an abysmal season but he isn't that old and If Boston kicked in 10-20m to make it closer too an AAV of 15M, it could be interesting. Bostons needs might not match up with ours, but for someone like Pablo, it might be more about the money then getting prospects back. He still needs to lose 20 pounds and get his head out of his (a)ssentials but dude can rake still IMO. The only downside to a player like Pablo is that he has rings and now the money to boot.

Catcher is such a vital position that I still think we need to sign one defensive-minded back-up.

And I'm very high on Bandy.

But, that back-up C plays so infrequently, especially if we had Perez and his youth as the main starter, that Bandy would be sitting too often.

Primarily the biggest worry is if Perez were to get hurt or struggle big-time in ST, all of the sudden we're relying on a rookie C who has two MLB at-bats for a contending team or desperately searching for another option at a position that isn't deep across the majors right before opening day.

Have Bandy work out extensively in ST, let him home whatever aspects Molina feels he needs work on in AAA for a month or two, and when Perez either first struggles or needs a breather, bring him up and try and sneak that Butera-type through waivers to SLC as injury depth.

It isn't gonna cost the team but peanuts and a handful of appearances over a month or so.