• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Does anyone honestly think Cespedes will be a great player into his 30's?  The guy posts an Erick Aybar esque OBP.  Pretty much all of his game derives on power and athleticism.  He takes very aggressive swings constantly and has been doing it for years.  Oh yeah and he has a weird obsession with playing golf every day before a game, and he refuses to quit or listen to anyone saying otherwise.

Does anyone honestly think Cespedes will be a great player into his 30's? The guy posts an Erick Aybar esque OBP. Pretty much all of his game derives on power and athleticism. He takes very aggressive swings constantly and has been doing it for years. Oh yeah and he has a weird obsession with playing golf every day before a game, and he refuses to quit orlisten to anyone saying otherwise.

How do you think he's able to golf some of those pitches out?

An MLB writer suggested Carlos Carrasco and a solid pitching prospect for AJ Pollock on a theoretical trade list.

If that was actually feasible (I don't think it is) I'd actually try and deal Richards for Pollock and then sign a starter.

**** that ****.

if you know what i mean.

Edited by ukyah

Duquette is shopping HanRam, reportedly to the Angels, Mariners, and Orioles.

If they threw in a ton of money, added a good prospect or two, and took CJ and a prospect, it may be worth thinking on. If the prospects coming back were good enough I think it'd be worth the gamble.

Certainly risky, but he's 'versatile' enough to fill a couple positions.

Edited by totdprods

Trading for Hanley makes little sense considering what they gave up to get Simmons. If defense is a priority, then they wouldn't be touching Hanley with a 10 ft pole. The guy has an ugly contract, is a butcher wherever a team puts him in the field, and is an injury risk year after year.

Trading for Hanley makes little sense considering what they gave up to get Simmons. If defense is a priority, then they wouldn't be touching Hanley with a 10 ft pole. The guy has an ugly contract, is a butcher wherever a team puts him in the field, and is an injury risk year after year.

If they eat a bunch of his contract and he is mainly a DH or even spent some time at 3rd, then he wouldn't be a bad pick up.

Do you think that Hanley would be worse than CJ at first? Or even worse than Freese at 3rd or worse than Giovatella at 2nd? Honestly except for power, I actually think he is a better fit on this team than CJ Cron. I should probably mention that I don't really like the guy, but if we don't pay a ton to get him annually, then he is much more versatile than anyone we have right now. I don't want to see him in the outfield, I don't really want to see him at SS or 3rd. But in a game where in the last ten years we have seen Juan Rivera have to play an inning at 2nd base, or Calhoun play an inning at 1st base last year, or Trumbo given a shot at 3rd, it helps to have a guy that can play those positions even if it is below league average. Ideally he can play a league average 2nd base or 3rd base, but I kind of doubt it.

To me, it'd be less about Hanley. In this deal, HE would be the role of the lotto pick wildcard prospect. But he could drop in at third, second, left, DH, or first - all positions where we have some need.

If the Angels could net a prospect or two like Benintendi (or even Moncada if we offered enough back? not as familiar with Sox system) in exchange for some of Hanley's salary, it'd be more appealing.

Think of the weird D'Backs trade to the Braves or the Upton trade where prospects were included to offset the bad salary. There could be several versions of this trade. Angels could eat a lot of salary and take one great or two mid-range prospects, and send CJ back. Angels could take little salary and send a better piece like Santiago or Shoemaker back. Or the Angels could send a lot back and receive a lot back - depending oh how much salary was eaten.

Sox have a deep farm, an excess of young outfielders and infielders, a need in the rotation, and a precedent of making big moves, so I definitely see a match.

If you can't build a farm, buy one.

Edited by totdprods