• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Good idea, tdawg.

Justin Wilson is super underrated. Dude had a 1.5 WAR and 2.69 FIP last season. 

Fowler is a very under the radar prospect although that may not be the case for long. Good all around player who showed some nice pop in the AFL this month. 

From what I've read, it really seems like C.J. will be the odd man out but it's tough to gauge his value. He was fine last year but he's essentially a #4 starter with elbow issues whose owed significant money next year. If we kick in money, we may find a suitor. 

It makes a lot of sense to trade CJ Wilson ... the trick is when? Is he tradable before ST ... and if so, will we be selling low with a high reward.

If he comes, as expected, into ST healthy and puts on a strong performance ... would this be the best time to trade him? If so, then this puts a hold on making trades until late in the off season.

Here's an idea that might seem counter intuitive, but I wonder what Street's value is on the trade market.  Don't get me wrong, I love Huston, but it might net you some prospects that could be turned around for some offensive needs. Then you could add another pen arm on the FA market.  It's probably too risky and I think they really like Street's leadership.  Just trying to think outside the box.  

Here's an idea that might seem counter intuitive, but I wonder what Street's value is on the trade market. Don't get me wrong, I love Huston, but it might net you some prospects that could be turned around for some offensive needs. Then you could add another pen arm on the FA market. It's probably too risky and I think they really like Street's leadership. Just trying to think outside the box.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. He'd definitely net the Angels a nice package of players.

We all saw how much it cost the Red Sox to trade for Kimbrell.

I personally wouldn't want Street to be traded, though

Edited by failos

Here's my out of the box idea on fixing the OF and top of the rotation.

1. Trade Calhoun for Carlos Carrasco. Cleveland is dangling Carrasco in trade talks in exchange for an OFer. Im salivating over the idea of having two power arms in Richards and Carrasco atop the rotation.

2. Sign Jason Heyward

3. Sign Hyun-soo Kim. He's a 27 year old LFer with an offensive skill set that the Angels need. Here's some info on Kim - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--korean-left-fielder-hyun-soo-kim-plans-on-signing-with-mlb-team-203618417-mlb.html

There are a lot of different ways the Angels can improve the team. So many in fact it is fairly difficult to pinpoint what or who they will go after. For instance I think they will go hard after Heyward. However they could just as easily trade for someone like Jackie Bradley Jr. or Marcell Ozuna or Max Kepler and keep Calhoun in RF. They could sign Chris Davis and put him in LF and leave Kole batting out of the leadoff spot.

Just so many open routes right now which is a good thing really because flexibility in decision making is a plus.

Here's my out of the box idea on fixing the OF and top of the rotation.

1. Trade Calhoun for Carlos Carrasco. Cleveland is dangling Carrasco in trade talks in exchange for an OFer. Im salivating over the idea of having two power arms in Richards and Carrasco atop the rotation.

2. Sign Jason Heyward

3. Sign Hyun-soo Kim. He's a 27 year old LFer with an offensive skill set that the Angels need. Here's some info on Kim - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--korean-left-fielder-hyun-soo-kim-plans-on-signing-with-mlb-team-203618417-mlb.html

In regards to 1. I've thought the same thing. In fact it was one route I thought the Angels could go this offseason in making a trade for Carrasco and Jose Ramirez (to man SS). However Carrasco has more value than Calhoun so it wouldn't just be a straight up trade. Also Kole is Super Two now and is salary is going to escalate rapidly and for a small market team like the Indians that probably isn't desirable to them from a financial viewpoint. If we were to make a trade with them I'd think they would want someone like Cron who has longer control and they could place at 1B and then move Sands into the OF.

Not much, but for what it's worth

The Angels aren’t ruling out a pursuit of free agent Jason Heyward, sources tell Ken Rosenthal and me. And if the Angels sign Heyward, they’d likely move Kole Calhoun from right field to left.

It’s important to note the Angels are only in the preliminary stages of their search for an everyday outfielder. But Heyward is among the many possibilities for new general manager Billy Eppler.

http://www.foxsports...-heyward-112315

There was a small tidbit on one of the Free Agents.  And if that's the going price.  Oh Hell No!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=383496

Take Chen, for example. His agent is Scott Boras. And sources say Boras is prepared to make the case that Chen deserves well north of the $20.625 million average annual value Rick Porcello received in his multiyear extension with the Red Sox around Opening Day 2015.

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro

sounds like #Marlins and #Mariners could be aiming to complete a larger deal than simply Ozuna for a starting pitcher.

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick

#Marlins #Mariners trade talks ultimately hinge on whether Seattle has a starter who can convince Miami to part with Ozuna.

Taijuan Walker not available, and James Paxton is a health risk. Would Roenis Elias or Nate Karns suffice for #Marlins?

Edited by bloodbrother

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro

sounds like #Marlins and #Mariners could be aiming to complete a larger deal than simply Ozuna for a starting pitcher.

#Marlins #Mariners trade talks ultimately hinge on whether Seattle has a starter who can convince Miami to part with Ozuna.

Taijuan Walker not available, and James Paxton is a health risk. Would Roenis Elias or Nate Karns suffice for #Marlins?

Am I missing something.  Why is Ozuna such a big deal?  He has great minor league numbers.  But it hasn't translated to the majors at all.

Am I missing something.  Why is Ozuna such a big deal?  He has great minor league numbers.  But it hasn't translated to the majors at all.

I'm not a fan of his either. His platoon splits aren't great either. He does have power and can play CF so that does have some value but I think it's a little more smoke and mirrors with him.