• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

29 minutes ago, cezero said:

your party's 2nd in command would have the gay electrocuted out of your son and all of the gays who might be interested in marrying each other if he had the power

thanks for your support

None of which will happen 

"The idea that moral hypocrisy hurts you among evangelical voters is not true, if you're sound on all of the fundamentals," said Wayne Flynt, an ordained Baptist minister and one of Alabama's pre-eminent Geethe fundamentals have become. At this time, what is fundamental is hating liberals, hating Obama, hating abortion and hating same-sex marriage."

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a54465/alabama-bentley-resign-church-police/

2 hours ago, red321 said:

"The idea that moral hypocrisy hurts you among evangelical voters is not true, if you're sound on all of the fundamentals," said Wayne Flynt, an ordained Baptist minister and one of Alabama's pre-eminent Geethe fundamentals have become. At this time, what is fundamental is hating liberals, hating Obama, hating abortion and hating same-sex marriage."

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a54465/alabama-bentley-resign-church-police/

There are plenty of evangelicals who do mind moral hypocrisy, and hold their nose to vote for people like Trump because of what they see as the bigger picture. But there are also plenty of evangelicals who unabashedly put Republican principles over Jesus principles.

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

There are plenty of evangelicals who do mind moral hypocrisy, and hold their nose to vote for people like Trump because of what they see as the bigger picture. But there are also plenty of evangelicals who unabashedly put Republican principles over Jesus principles.

you can put a lipstick on a pig (option "a") and it's still a slimy greasy piece of pork (option "b")

11 hours ago, cezero said:

your party's 2nd in command would have the gay electrocuted out of your son and all of the gays who might be interested in marrying each other if he had the power

thanks for your support

I'm sure you are lock step with all of your party's beliefs.  I didn't vote for Trump and Pence, so oh well.  

16 hours ago, red321 said:

you can put a lipstick on a pig (option "a") and it's still a slimy greasy piece of pork (option "b")

I'll write this trying not to be too pissed.  But you really have no idea what you are talking about.

None.  No basis, no reference point, no facts, just a world view that warps your sense of reality.

46 minutes ago, red321 said:

I'm not sure what you are so pissed about...there really is no difference between knowingly voting for a fraud because of the "bigger picture" or convincing yourself Republican principles are Jesus' principles.

You do that every time you vote.  You would only be content if Christian's didn't vote at all.

10 minutes ago, cezero said:

my only point is that i don't think most christians think they can ever live up to the example set by Jesus, which was to willingly live in poverty as the son of God, and sacrifice himself for the good of all mankind. 

I believe it goes beyond that. Jesus lived the perfect life completely free of sin, and that's something that no one will ever live up to.

38 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I see you go to that card whenever challenged like this.

What candidate do you believe Christian's didn't have to hold their noses at in the last 3 decades?

My dad is super Christian and loves Mike Huckabee. So make of that what you will. Granted he has never gotten close to the presidency.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

I see you go to that card whenever challenged like this.

What candidate do you believe Christian's didn't have to hold their noses at in the last 3 decades?

Challenged? If you want to feel persecuted as a christian in a country that is overwhelmingly christian...toot your horn and have a friggen parade, I don't care.

Your second stanza is pretty much my point...if, after 3 decades you are still "holding your nose"...you're not actually holding your nose any longer...it's a feature.

47 minutes ago, red321 said:

Challenged? If you want to feel persecuted as a christian in a country that is overwhelmingly christian...toot your horn and have a friggen parade, I don't care.

Your second stanza is pretty much my point...if, after 3 decades you are still "holding your nose"...you're not actually holding your nose any longer...it's a feature.

Please, you are being obtuse.  Are you saying you didn't hold your nose while you pulled the lever for Hillary?

Besides, it isn't like we control who is in the general.  In your world, the only way we wouldn't be hypocrites is if we didn't vote.

5 hours ago, red321 said:

I'm not sure what you are so pissed about...there really is no difference between knowingly voting for a fraud because of the "bigger picture" or convincing yourself Republican principles are Jesus' principles.

Perhaps, but should they not vote at all then? I'm one of the rare evangelicals who voted for Hillary (I think only 19 percent of us are in that camp). But I have many friends and family members who voted for Trump as the lesser of two evils, not because they agree with most of his platform or even because they like the guy. Their main concern was the Supreme Court. I, on the other hand, voted for Hillary as the lesser of two evils.