• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

40 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

If he would cut taxes and spending, enforce the border and pull us out of our misguided wars I wouldn't mind having him in the Oval Office. So far Trump hasn't accomplished shit outside of the first two weeks and there's been nothing but controversy.

You know this was the Dem's strategy from day 1. The White House is spending all their time in spin mode now. Trump not knowing what the hell he is doing is only giving them fuel. It's too bad because I was curious if he could accomplish a few things. 

Just now, Jason said:

You know this was the Dem's strategy from day 1. The White House is spending all their time in spin mode now. Trump not knowing what the hell he is doing is only giving them fuel. It's too bad because I was curious if he could accomplish a few things. 

He's accomplished having an excuse for not accomplishing all the things he never gave two fucks about from the beginning. Thanks Dems!

Putin nails it: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-putin-idUSKCN18D1EA?il=0

"It's hard to imagine what else these people who generate such nonsense and rubbish can dream up next," said Putin, referring to unnamed U.S. politicians.

"What surprises me is that they are shaking up the domestic political situation using anti-Russian slogans. Either they don't understand the damage they're doing to their own country, in which case they are simply stupid, or they understand everything, in which case they are dangerous and corrupt."

Impeachment is a political process, not a legal process...there is not specific line that says, this is an impeachable offense. And this is not to say I think that Trump deserves to be impeached at this point, though I certainly think it's appropriate to investigate a number of things that have occurred.

So, what that means is as the party in power in not just the house, but the majority in the Senate (where it takes 2/3's vote), the Republicans have to identify what hurts them more politically...keeping Trump or impeaching him. Based on what we have seen with the Republicans at this point is, I have little faith they would put country over party, hell McConnell was pretty clear his biggest issue isn't some of the things Trump appears to have done, like try and impede investigations, but how it's made it difficult for them to try and rush their agenda through.

Why should they in a political sense?  The political well that they draw upon isn't suddenly going to jump ship and switch to D, let alone in districts that are already currently red. They are more likely going to be punished for not taking advantage of their political opportunity than they are an idealistic rebuke. There are so few swing voters these days that it only pays to play to the base. We've created on both sides an atmosphere where the vast majority of voters would rather ignore some seriously bad behavior than vote for the alternative party. At best a few vote 3rd party but clearly that isn't a particularly popular option.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He would appeal to the green party that all he was doing was adding a natural fertilizer that was GMO free. And they would buy it.

Hmmph

57 minutes ago, Thomas said:

What?  Personal initiative on responsible composting.

11 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Why should they in a political sense?  The political well that they draw upon isn't suddenly going to jump ship and switch to D, let alone in districts that are already currently red. They are more likely going to be punished for not taking advantage of their political opportunity than they are an idealistic rebuke. There are so few swing voters these days that it only pays to play to the base. We've created on both sides an atmosphere where the vast majority of voters would rather ignore some seriously bad behavior than vote for the alternative party. At best a few vote 3rd party but clearly that isn't a particularly popular option.

In general I agree...now, if the Republicans lose one of these special elections coming up maybe things change. Right now there is a lot of smoke, but I'm not sure we ever get to the point you start seeing rank and file republicans calling for more investigations. You have a lot of people just holding their breath hoping things die down. If you start seeing moderates in swing districts calling for independent investigations than you know folks are getting a lot of heat back in their districts.

38 minutes ago, red321 said:

Impeachment is a political process, not a legal process...there is not specific line that says, this is an impeachable offense. And this is not to say I think that Trump deserves to be impeached at this point, though I certainly think it's appropriate to investigate a number of things that have occurred.

So, what that means is as the party in power in not just the house, but the majority in the Senate (where it takes 2/3's vote), the Republicans have to identify what hurts them more politically...keeping Trump or impeaching him. Based on what we have seen with the Republicans at this point is, I have little faith they would put country over party, hell McConnell was pretty clear his biggest issue isn't some of the things Trump appears to have done, like try and impede investigations, but how it's made it difficult for them to try and rush their agenda through.

Even the acting FBI director said there has been no effort to impede any investigations, and he hates Trump.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Putin nails it: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-putin-idUSKCN18D1EA?il=0

"It's hard to imagine what else these people who generate such nonsense and rubbish can dream up next," said Putin, referring to unnamed U.S. politicians.

"What surprises me is that they are shaking up the domestic political situation using anti-Russian slogans. Either they don't understand the damage they're doing to their own country, in which case they are simply stupid, or they understand everything, in which case they are dangerous and corrupt."

Putin has Trump mindfucked. Just like he did to BHO.

18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah the guys in the swing districts aren't going to be remotely pleased by things.  But their loyalty perhaps will be bought with promises of future compensation. 

My guy (Royce) has completed disappeared. His office won't even answer when the last time he met with his constituents. At this point he's hanging out in Cheney's undisclosed location.

27 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Even the acting FBI director said there has been no effort to impede any investigations, and he hates Trump.

yeah...that's not quite what he said...the response you are referencing was to a question related to Mr. Comey's dismissal. That could be interpreted a number of ways, you obviously choosing to use it as a blanket statement absolving Trump of everything and ignoringComey's notes that specifically highlight Trump asking him to stop the investigation into Flynn and Trump's own words clearly implying that he fired Comey because of the Russian investigation.

At a hearing on May 11 before the Senate Intelligence Committee, McCabe was asked by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) whether “the dismissal of Mr. Comey in any way impeded, interrupted, stopped or negatively impacted any of the work, any investigation, or any ongoing projects at the Federal Bureau of Investigations?”

“the work of the men and women of the FBI continues despite any changes in circumstance, any decisions. There has been no effort to impede our investigation to date.

Simply put, sir, you cannot stop the men and women from the FBI from doing the right thing, protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution.”

Meanwhile, as everyone focuses on Trump, his old and getting older nemisis has formed a 501(c) (4) to avoid disclosing contributions to the Clinton version of Citizens United called Onward Together.

Through this non profit they can funnel monies to candidates without disclosing where the money comes from. The exact thing she campaigned against during the election. 

She was against it until she is for it. 

http://theweek.com/articles/699189/hypocrisy-hillary