• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

• 5 months later...
On May 14, 2016 at 8:23 PM, InsideThePark said:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/transgender-bathrooms-obama-texas-lieutenant-governor-223159

"I believe it is the biggest issue facing families and schools in America since prayer was taken out of public schools," Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick told reporters.

Texas being Texas.

It really isn't outrageous for Christians to think this.  

4 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Thinking that prayer is a very important thing and that lack of it can be detrimental.

Why would I think that's outrageous? People are free to believe what they want.

What I found a little silly was his comment about prayer being removed from public schools. First of all, that's misleading - the Supreme Court never ruled that students can't pray in school. They can and they do. Rather, schools aren't allowed to impose prayers. It was the right decision - I would have thought you'd agree.

He's either purposely misleading the public or implying that the decision was a mistake. We're not living in the 50s anymore no matter how badly some still want to.

Edited by InsideThePark

16 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

It really isn't outrageous for Christians to think this.  

Actually it is a really stupid statement he made since there are no laws against prayer in school.

The only thing that is illegal is organized prayer in public schools.  Which I would think you are ok with considering it is a public school.  Imagine if they were organizing Muslim or Hindu prayers as a Christian you would be pretty against it.

Getting to the actual story, Megyn Kelly had the lieutenant governor on her show the other day. Video is in the link.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/14/kelly-challenges-texas-lt-governor-dan-patrick-on-his-key-objection-to-obamas-transgender-bathroom-order/

Now I realize that The Blaze is pretty far-right but the comments section is just ridiculous. Not because I disagree with most of them - they're just stupid. Politicians have stoved-up this irrational fear of trannies and their base is just eating it up. They haven't been able to find a single case of a transgender going to a ladies bathroom to molest a girl. But that's not stopping conservatives from bashing Megyn Kelly for showing a little sensibility in that interview. Apparently they've hated her for a while though. Probably has something to do with Trump and her being supportive of gay marriage.

Is the "tranny issue" really an issue? Seems like something sjw's made up so they can have something to fight for. Having schools across the country provide new bathrooms for people who feel like they are a different sex is ridiculous. It's such a minute portion of the population and the federal government can go pound sand. 

“Sort of works against the point they’re trying to make. They’re causing people to feel exposed and vulnerable with the intention of reducing people feeling exposed and vulnerable,” Aldan Shank, a pool regular, said.

Well if that isn't government in a nutshell...

As defined in the WLAD, “gender
expression or identity” means “having
or being perceived as having a gender
identity, self-image, appearance,
behavior, or expression, whether or
not that gender identity, self-image,
appearance, behavior, or expression
is different from that traditionally
associated with the sex assigned to that person at birth.

This seems like a policy that will be hard to interpret. Now Seattle can hire some $15 an hour toilet bouncers. Beats the hell out of working fast food.

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:
As defined in the WLAD, “gender
expression or identity” means “having
or being perceived as having a gender
identity, self-image, appearance,
behavior, or expression, whether or
not that gender identity, self-image,
appearance, behavior, or expression
is different from that traditionally
associated with the sex assigned to that person at birth.

how in the hell did we get to this point as a society where people don't know what they are?!?