• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who Are The Trump Voters?

i'm going to enjoy watching the trump candidate show for as long as it lasts. it's really been quite fascinating because he's not following the traditional path. in some ways refreshing, in a lot of ways worrisome.

the bottom line is that he really isn't electable, but i hope he's still there kicking and spitting to the very end.

I agree this is pretty much the game he's playing. But he's scaring the shit out of the republicans and his fans are sending a message that America is fed up with the typical douchebags.

Yes!  No more typical douchebags!   We want a new breed of douchebag! 

Which is probably why he's polling so well - many Americans lack critical thinking.

I know this was an attempt to insult me but you'll be surprised to hear that I agree. A lack of critical thinking is also partially why Americans continue to vote for incumbents. It's why there is a large segment of the population is in favor of a $15 minimum wage, progressive taxes, prohibition of drugs, driving priuses and valuing animals over human beings. We are absolutely guided and motivated by our emotions rather than any objective thought. 

I know this was an attempt to insult me but you'll be surprised to hear that I agree. A lack of critical thinking is also partially why Americans continue to vote for incumbents. It's why there is a large segment of the population is in favor of a $15 minimum wage, progressive taxes, prohibition of drugs, driving priuses and valuing animals over human beings. We are absolutely guided and motivated by our emotions rather than any objective thought. 

Then there is people like me that want to protect the animals better but not at expense of humanity, yes to gay marriage & goverment paying for sex change operations, legalizing weed, cutting some taxes but not too much, securing the border and allowing some Illegals to stay so they can pay taxes.

Pretty much I dont have a candidate that represents me & my vote doesn't count since I live in California.

I want a candidate that respects all americans: non-religious/religious/gay/straight/transgender/bi & disabled people.

Pretty much a candidate like that won't exist.

Let's say Trump wins the nomination or goes 3rd party. Who goes on the ticket with him?

Caitlin Jenner.

I bet 6'0 tall anne coulter would support that ticket.

Imagine the Democrats freaking out over how to debate with Caitlin without upsetting LGBT voters.

That would be worth watching that happen.

I was thinking about Trump this morning as I was doing some laundry, and I've softened on him a bit.  Yeah, I don't agree with much of what he's saying but I appreciate that he's shaking up the status quo of a horrible political system.  He may end up being this election's Ross Perot, or who knows, dude could even end up as president.  Ten years ago, the idea of a black president with the last name "Obama" would have seemed far-fetched.  

There it is.

mtangelsfan is obsessed with me.

Not really an attempt to insult, just to jab a bit. And you know, I basically agree that the president has very little power, or at least less than people think. But that's mainly because most/all presidents don't want to challenge the status quo too much. But what I disagreed with is that Trump wouldn't make much of a difference. There are numerous ways in which I think a Trump presidency could be devastating, if only because of the impact of his words as he insults foreign dignitaries.

p.s. Not all of those things you mention are alike. I'm for a $15 minimum wage, increasing taxes on the wealthy, feel strongly about animal rights (although don't value them over human beings), believe all drugs should be legalized, prisons shouldn't be a for-profit industry, prefer education vouchers to public education, etc. But this may or may not have anything to do with objectivity, emotions, or what have you. In other words, you seem to imply that if one thinks objectively than there is a right or wrong about everything, a clear answer. These are complex issues.

Edited by Angelsjunky