• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who Are The Trump Voters?

Westerners have been taking advantage of Cuban natural beauty and/or hookers for many years now. Some have gone on religious missions. The former range from people who don't care about politics and just want a good, cheap time taking advantage of a destitute, yet regimented people living to serve others with hard currency to people who sympathize with Stalinism. 

By and large, Americans who went during the embargo made a conscious decision to support a Stalinist country. They range from naive liberals to hard core Marxists, in my experience. Those just wanting hookers could have gone to the Dominican Republic, although Cuban hookers tend to be drawn from a wide range of professions instead of just the uneducated. 

My emphasis on hookers is to draw attention to a great irony. Cuban leaders officially resented rich Americans going to Cuba for sex. It was in their propaganda and so forth. Right now, they actively encourage it and consider it one of their main advantages to attract capitalist dollars. 

I thought they all did very well after the initial mudslinging. I was watching with my wife who goes mostly by looks and feelings. She liked Bush because he looked presidential. Fiorina because she was mad at me for something. She thought Rubio was too young and Cruz looked lecherous. The others she disqualified on appearance. She didn't like Trump because she's Mexican, I think. 

I don't like Kasich because he wants to be Mr. Inbetween about everything which I like philosophically, but practically, it means the media wins. I like Fiorina, although I'm not sure how solid she is on justices and social issues. I like Huckabee, as I too am a  moderate social and fiscal and conservative. Bush, eh. Christie did something stupid that I hate. He said that we shouldn't be talking about personal achievements (and then talked about his time as a prosecutor). That's retarded. 

Paul also said something stupid, saying that Marijuana laws may prevent mothers from treating their kids' cancer. 

These are your voters, folks!

Brady says he hopes Trump can win presidency

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brady-says-hes-supporting-trump-president-194347820--politics.html

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said Wednesday that he hopes Donald Trump can win the presidency, hours before Trump participated in the second Republican debate.

i'm guessing someone told brady "hey tom, there are still a couple thousand people that don't hate you." so brady responded in the best way he knew how.

It's always interesting to see the analysis of the other side re: debates. I made it through about 2 hours before I became too annoyed to continue watching.

At this point I think Trump won...not because he stated anything amazing, or showed any grasp of the issues (he didn't), but because it's still silly season for politics and nobody punched him in the gut. During September the Republican Primary is who can channel the 27% and he does. At this point I think the strategy has to be to make him implode. Embarrass the hell out of him like Obama did a few years ago and let him stew in his own bile until he just explodes. I will say, he also makes people like Jeb Bush look small. The condescension he has for Bush almost makes you think there's something else going on.

Bush: Apologize to my wife

Trump: No

Bush: Pretty please

Trump: "look at this clown" smirk on his face

Bush: duhh....stand there with dumb look on face

How to make someone look small in 5 seconds. At this point I almost expect him to bend Jeb over and spank him.

with that said...people who didn't hurt themselves

Fiorina - must say, she can put words togethers...it helps that she doesn't really worry about facts (planned parenthood twitching baby stuff just pulled out of thin air)...but she comes across as forceful. Helped herself in the race for the #2 slot.

Rubio - still comes off as a light weight to me, his "America is not a planet" statement just made me shake my head. The complete and utter lack of understanding of the science behind climate change is mind numbing. He's definitely running to be the biggest bomb them to hell and back outside of Lindsey Graham...words that go over well in the Republican primary. Has a good story as well...if he could have continued with his immigration legislation...well, that doesn't work in the Republican primary so bailed on that one

Kasich - not as noteworthy as his last performance...but at this point his job is to be the "sane" candidate left when Trump eventually blows up. Out of Bush, Walker, Rubio, and Kasich...their goal has to be "still in race" when that occurs.

Not Sure What To Make

Christie - going for the angry man routine..."me Christie!"...dude, you hugged Obama. Might gain a few points out of this but I'll be surprised if he makes it to New Hampshire

Carson - I don't get the Carson appeal at all...it's like they needed another participant so they grabbed a guy from down the street and threw him out there. He seems nice enough...but **** him for that vaccine shit. He had a chance, in front of an audience of millions...to say...look, the vaccine/autism crap is just that...crap. Donald, you are wrong. Instead he backs away and half heartedly endorses the anti-vax crowd crap because...liberty.

Walker - I don't understand Walker...like Bush I think the Trump campaign has thrown him for a loop. I actually would have pegged him as the front runner for the nomination. Dude just looks like a weasel. They all had a little sweat going, but he had a full on sweatstache...beady little eyes. Everytime I see him...he's just someone you want to walk up to and kick in the nuts. You don't know why...but you know you want to do it. I guess he didn't hurt himself in that Trump didn't bitch slap him so he's still in the "be there when Trump explodes" category

Slip sliding...

Bush - he's not going anywhere...but he certainly has looked like shit. Trump has certainly gotten under his skin and thrown his campaign for a huge loop.

Cruz - I'm sure he did fine with the people who think arson and destruction for destruction's sake is cool...what an evil spiteful hateful man. At least you know have of Trump's bluster is just that...bluster.

Why are they running?

Paul - I must say...probably the only one up there who made any bit of sense on some of the foreign policy stuff. Has about as much chance as I do at this point. Another one who the Donald certainly has a hard on for.

Huckabee - well, we know why he's running...got to keep the grift going

It's always interesting to see the analysis of the other side re: debates. I made it through about 2 hours before I became too annoyed to continue watching.

At this point I think Trump won...not because he stated anything amazing, or showed any grasp of the issues (he didn't), but because it's still silly season for politics and nobody punched him in the gut. During September the Republican Primary is who can channel the 27% and he does. At this point I think the strategy has to be to make him implode. Embarrass the hell out of him like Obama did a few years ago and let him stew in his own bile until he just explodes. I will say, he also makes people like Jeb Bush look small. The condescension he has for Bush almost makes you think there's something else going on.

How to make someone look small in 5 seconds. At this point I almost expect him to bend Jeb over and spank him.

Fiorina - must say, she can put words togethers...it helps that she doesn't really worry about facts (planned parenthood twitching baby stuff just pulled out of thin air)...but she comes across as forceful. Helped herself in the race for the #2 slot.

Rubio - still comes off as a light weight to me, his "America is not a planet" statement just made me shake my head. The complete and utter lack of understanding of the science behind climate change is mind numbing. He's definitely running to be the biggest bomb them to hell and back outside of Lindsey Graham...words that go over well in the Republican primary. Has a good story as well...if he could have continued with his immigration legislation...well, that doesn't work in the Republican primary so bailed on that one

Kasich - not as noteworthy as his last performance...but at this point his job is to be the "sane" candidate left when Trump eventually blows up. Out of Bush, Walker, Rubio, and Kasich...their goal has to be "still in race" when that occurs.

Not Sure What To Make

Christie - going for the angry man routine..."me Christie!"...dude, you hugged Obama. Might gain a few points out of this but I'll be surprised if he makes it to New Hampshire

Carson - I don't get the Carson appeal at all...it's like they needed another participant so they grabbed a guy from down the street and threw him out there. He seems nice enough...but **** him for that vaccine shit. He had a chance, in front of an audience of millions...to say...look, the vaccine/autism crap is just that...crap. Donald, you are wrong. Instead he backs away and half heartedly endorses the anti-vax crowd crap because...liberty.

Walker - I don't understand Walker...like Bush I think the Trump campaign has thrown him for a loop. I actually would have pegged him as the front runner for the nomination. Dude just looks like a weasel. They all had a little sweat going, but he had a full on sweatstache...beady little eyes. Everytime I see him...he's just someone you want to walk up to and kick in the nuts. You don't know why...but you know you want to do it. I guess he didn't hurt himself in that Trump didn't bitch slap him so he's still in the "be there when Trump explodes" category

Slip sliding...

Bush - he's not going anywhere...but he certainly has looked like shit. Trump has certainly gotten under his skin and thrown his campaign for a huge loop.

Cruz - I'm sure he did fine with the people who think arson and destruction for destruction's sake is cool...what an evil spiteful hateful man. At least you know have of Trump's bluster is just that...bluster.

Why are they running?

Paul - I must say...probably the only one up there who made any bit of sense on some of the foreign policy stuff. Has about as much chance as I do at this point. Another one who the Donald certainly has a hard on for.

“We’ve seen just a skyrocketing autism rate. Some people are suspicious that it’s connected to the vaccines. This person included. The science right now is inconclusive, but we have to research it.”

-Barack H. Obama 2008. 

Generally speaking, the liberals here fail to see nuances in style and in positions. Let's contrast this with the great, great intellectual debates between Dems. 

"I'll give this group this."

"Oh, yeah, I'll give this group that and I'll raise you this."

"I love this group."

"I love them more."

"This person is sad."

"I know that's why I'm going to protect them from meanies."

We also know how Brilliant Dems are at foreign policy: 

Obama- ha!

Clinton- Reaped the benefits of the end of the Cold War. Oversaw the rise of nuclear Korea and militant islam. 

Carter, Johnson. Kennedy. 

Truman was OK, but may have been able to prevent the most deadly dictatorship in world history in China. 

Can't wait for the intellectual fireworks between Sanders, O'Malley, Clinton, and Biden. I might be too intimidated to watch. 

While it still shocks me I'm writing about Donald Trump in a political thread, I felt as if the majority of the audience were disenchanted with his banter this time.  There's only so much mileage you can get out of "the guy's a total loser" and "look at that face."  Those are funny to people with the IQ of a chickpea, but when they stop laughing--what do you have?

I thought Carly Fiorina, Marco Rubio, and Chris Christie were the winners last night.  My mom sent me a text during the debate saying, "That woman must have a teleprompter in her brain."  I think she was born to debate, because she's quite poised and confident at all of her speaking engagements.  It's refreshing.  I found it hilarious she said her secret service code name would be "Secretariat."  I'm probably the only person under the age of 95 who understood that reference.  

Rubio has definitely been playing it safe on his answers so far, but he will definitely be around for the next few cycles.

Chris Christie had good energy and definitely appealed to the supporters who brought him to that level. 

The problem with these first two debates is there are too many people on the stage and that leads to too many people not being able to speak at length.  People want to hear what these candidates have to say not just Donald Trump.

(Also, I laughed at whichever candidate said, "We should put Margaret Thatcher on the 10 dollar bill."  Really?  We should put a British woman on an American piece of currency?  Nah.)

No. It's math. While I like all the programs Sanders is proposing, such as free college education, these programs won't pay for themselves.  Taxing the 1%, or even those who make, say over $100K annually, will not be enough to pay the trillions it would cost to fund the programs.  

It's not an argument, it's a fact.

Both parties spend though.  It is just that one spends on infrastructure/education while the other spends on wars and a wall on the mexican border.  Bernie's not going to get most of his stuff through anyway with a Republican house + senate.  

What's his extreme position? 

Let's see...

- Repeal Roe v. Wade

- Overturn supreme court decision on gay marriage

- Homosexuality is a sin

- Don't let kids listen to "toxic music" like Beyonce

That's just a sampling. But I think the point is that he is essentially a fundamentalist Christian who believes in extending Christian beliefs into law. That isn't moderate.

No. It's math. While I like all the programs Sanders is proposing, such as free college education, these programs won't pay for themselves.  Taxing the 1%, or even those who make, say over $100K annually, will not be enough to pay the trillions it would cost to fund the programs.  

It's not an argument, it's a fact.

It is over-simplistic. Try this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/09/15/no-bernie-sanders-is-not-going-to-bankrupt-america-to-the-tune-of-18-trillion/

“We’ve seen just a skyrocketing autism rate. Some people are suspicious that it’s connected to the vaccines. This person included. The science right now is inconclusive, but we have to research it.”

-Barack H. Obama 2008. 

The earth is flat - some dude in the 1600's

Last I checked it was 2015...a lot of things have changed since 2008, including the complete retraction and repudiation of some earlier studies that linked vaccines to autism.

Thanks for the link.  I think that $18 trillion number is high, but not impossible.  But, to my original point and quoting the linked article/opinion piece:

"In some ways it’s by spreading out a cost currently borne by a limited number of people to all taxpayers. His plan for free public college would do this: right now, it’s paid for by students and their families, while under Sanders’ plan we’d all pay for it in the same way we all pay for parks or the military or food safety."

And:

"Would that be $15 trillion in new money we’d be spending? No, it would be money that we’re already spending on health care, but now it would go through government. If I told you I could cut your health insurance premiums by $1,000 and increase your taxes by $1,000, you wouldn’t have lost $1,000. You’d be in the same place you are now."

No.  I would not be in the "same place (you) are now."  While the writer of this piece sees no difference how that $1000 would be emptied from my bank account, I do.  As of now, and this is getting less and less so, I have the choice if I want to save $1000 in my insurance premium.  I determine (again, my choices are dwindling) what insurance I want and what my premium is.  With taxes, however, I don't control that $1000.  If I don't fork it over to the government, I will have my wages garnished or eventually go to jail.  There is a huge difference in insurance premiums and taxes, as simplistic as that sounds.  

Generally speaking, the liberals here fail to see nuances in style and in positions. Let's contrast this with the great, great intellectual debates between Dems. 

"I'll give this group this."

"Oh, yeah, I'll give this group that and I'll raise you this."

"I love this group."

"I love them more."

"This person is sad."

"I know that's why I'm going to protect them from meanies."

We also know how Brilliant Dems are at foreign policy: 

Obama- ha!

Clinton- Reaped the benefits of the end of the Cold War. Oversaw the rise of nuclear Korea and militant islam. 

Carter, Johnson. Kennedy. 

Truman was OK, but may have been able to prevent the most deadly dictatorship in world history in China. 

Can't wait for the intellectual fireworks between Sanders, O'Malley, Clinton, and Biden. I might be too intimidated to watch. 

Screen-Shot-2012-05-30-at-1.57.03-PM.png

That really is the problem with our government, they see my money as their money.  They have no concept of freedom when it comes to money.

How do you think public services should be paid for?

Anyhow, there is a fundamental ideological gap here. I have no problem with the government garnering some of my wages to 1) pay for public services* that I enjoy, and 2) to help those less fortunate than I. I also have no problem with the government redistributing wealth through garnering a larger percentage of those with huge income.

*I would like to see those public/"free"(taxed) services extended to include health care.

Edited by Angelsjunky

No.  I would not be in the "same place (you) are now."  While the writer of this piece sees no difference how that $1000 would be emptied from my bank account, I do.  As of now, and this is getting less and less so, I have the choice if I want to save $1000 in my insurance premium.  I determine (again, my choices are dwindling) what insurance I want and what my premium is.  With taxes, however, I don't control that $1000.  If I don't fork it over to the government, I will have my wages garnished or eventually go to jail.  There is a huge difference in insurance premiums and taxes, as simplistic as that sounds.  

One thing missing from this is that insurance companies and Big Pharma artificially inflate their prices, and are able to do so because they're in the pockets of politicians. A single-payer healthcare system could potentially decrease insurance/big pharma corruption, if only because the federal government would have a vested interest in keep health care costs down.

One thing missing from this is that insurance companies and Big Pharma artificially inflate their prices, and are able to do so because they're in the pockets of politicians. A single-payer healthcare system could potentially decrease insurance/big pharma corruption, if only because the federal government would have a vested interest in keep health care costs down.

So reduce cronyism by injecting more government. Interesting.

How do you think public services should be paid for?

Anyhow, there is a fundamental ideological gap here. I have no problem with the government garnering some of my wages to 1) pay for public services* that I enjoy, and 2) to help those less fortunate than I. I also have no problem with the government redistributing wealth through garnering a larger percentage of those with huge income.

*I would like to see those public/"free"(taxed) services extended to include health care.

Huge gap that won't ever close.

This is a different argument and an argument suited for government paid healthcare vs. privately paid healthcare.  

The point is that the Sanders would have to increase taxes, or re-write the tax code to find the money to pay for his programs.  If that's what you want, then have at it and I have no objection if you want to vote your mind.

I am against it and am against a redistribution of wealth to a point where we all are penalized for earning an income, and aren't trusted to make monetary decisions with our money.  

I would also be especially cautious that once a tax is implemented, the government and the politicians that like the credit for handing out the goodies funded by taxes (see:  Obama and Obamacare), have a very hard time getting rid of that tax.  Be careful what you ask for...

Not Sure What To Make

Slip sliding...

Why are they running?

It's hard to take such a response seriously when you discount so readily what Rubio was saying. They didn't have a scientific argument. They mentioned the fact that unilaterally "doing something" about climate change would a. have little effect on anything and b. cost lots and lots of money, jobs, taxes, etc. 

This is not a foolish argument. In fact, saying that we should impoverish ourselves for something that will much more likely than not have no effect on anything is really a commentary on how far from reason a large part of the population has fallen.