• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

so . . . was this weekend a coincidence or something else?

so . . . was this weekend a coincidence or something else?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Was this weekend just a coincidence and the result of a crappy Texas pitching staff, or did the events of last week light a fire?

• coincidence
    • there's something going on here

That was not the same team we've been watching all season. Was this just a coincidence of meeting up with a crappy Rangers pitching staff that had a particularly bad series, or did last week's shake-up light some sort of fire?

I'd argue it's purely coincidence, but one thing even Scioscia haters must admit..... since he's been in Anaheim he seems to get them to up their game when the team faces adversity....   Think back to how he handled the Adenhart tragedy, and to a much lesser degree, the loss of Richards last year

Scioscia haters won't give him credit for anything.

I'd argue it's purely coincidence, but one thing even Scioscia haters must admit..... since he's been in Anaheim he seems to get them to up their game when the team faces adversity.... Think back to how he handled the Adenhart tragedy, and to a much lesser degree, the loss of Richards last year

I would say it is a great weekend and this is like mulling over the best desert you've had at a place not known for them.

Just stfu and enjoy something for once!

who said I wasn't enjoying it?!  :D

just thought it was interesting that the team just had its best series of the year, immediately following that bizarre shake-up last week. Almost certainly just a coincidence, but still . . .

I'd argue it's purely coincidence, but one thing even Scioscia haters must admit..... since he's been in Anaheim he seems to get them to up their game when the team faces adversity....   Think back to how he handled the Adenhart tragedy, and to a much lesser degree, the loss of Richards last year

agreed re: Scioscia. I think the Manager of the Year Award is mostly silly, but when MS won it in 2009, that was one time when it felt really deserved to me. 

I listened a little to yesterdays game on XM, so I had the Ranger's broadcasting team.  One of them were talking about how they went into the Angels locker room before the game and how it seemed really loose and jovial (he chuckled that it could've been the 21 runs they scored against TEX the previsous two games).  Apparently, the team was playing some questions/answer game with CJ Cron and his "twin" (someone who looks just like him in the TEX organization, I believe).  Anyhow, he mentioned how loose the club seemed and how raucous they were all getting before the game.

either the tension is relieved or last weekend's fireworks at the clubhouse 'scouting issues' meeting featuring DiPoto had the side effect of firing up the team...........

perhaps a combination of both ---

either way, we'll take it. sweep on the road couldn't have happened at a better time.

I would have appreciated this in a tabular form:

Something like this  -- Vote for one only:

1.  Yes this weekend was a coincidence, the Rangers are pathetic and our team caught them at exactly the right time with their weakest pitchers.  We still suck.

2.  Finally, an offensive breakout, we were due because our hitters are much better than they shown up to this past weekend.  This is a legit turnaround.

3.  I want to believe #2, and I don't want to jinx it, so I will vote for #1.

4.  I believe #1, but I don't want to look stupid so I'm going to keep my mouth shut just in case this is a turnaround point.  I don't want to be highlighted in any stupid throwback thread.

5.  I said Scioscia was a POS, and I hate him, so what happened this weekend is all on the Rangers.  This team is in big trouble, and I hope Arte sells it.

6.  I think GM's shouldn't meddle in club house affairs, because the GM who possibly did this is gone, but I'm keeping my mouth shut because I don't want to get crucified by Scioscia haters.

7.  I could care less, I quit this team before this series started.

8.  I have season tickets, and I want to sell them for the highest possible price, so I'm saying everything is great, and we are on our way to the playoffs baby.

9.  I wish I had made Chuck a really good offer for this website when he offered to sell it, I missed a great investment opportunity.

Addendum questions if you don't want to answer 1-9:

10.  Bill Stoneman will never make a trade before the deadline, that's his history and conservative nature.

11.  Bill Stonemason will shove it up your booty, and make a stupid trade before the deadline.

12.  Bill Stoneman will help guide this team to Winning a World Series this year, and I will spend the next ten years posting that he should come out of retirement, because you are only as old as you appear to be.

47367484.jpg

Edited by tomsred