• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

so . . . was this weekend a coincidence or something else?

so . . . was this weekend a coincidence or something else?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Was this weekend just a coincidence and the result of a crappy Texas pitching staff, or did the events of last week light a fire?

• coincidence
    • there's something going on here

I think this weekend is a mere coincidence, as much as returning to the norm and the pendulum swinging back to the Angels' favor.  The first half of the season, a significant number of Angel hitters were way below their career marks ie. Joyce and Ianetta and to a lesser extent: Cron, Calhoun, and Aybar.  The last 4 games, all of the players that I listed had significant contributions which lead to blowouts.  Unfortunately, I only wish these performances were spread out more, having a great 4 game stretch by all of these players to make up for 3+ months of very poor performance is not a good trade off.  Winning a game by one run, is just as good as winning by 8+ runs.    

I think this weekend is a mere coincidence, as much as returning to the norm and the pendulum swinging back to the Angels' favor.  The first half of the season, a significant number of Angel hitters were way below their career marks ie. Joyce and Ianetta and to a lesser extent: Cron, Calhoun, and Aybar.  The last 4 games, all of the players that I listed had significant contributions which lead to blowouts.  Unfortunately, I only wish these performances were spread out more, having a great 4 game stretch by all of these players to make up for 3+ months of very poor performance is not a good trade off.  Winning a game by one run, is just as good as winning by 8+ runs.    

If winning a game by one run is just as good as winning by eight runs, then the past 3+ months haven't been all bad.  We had some great pitching performances during the first 3+ months, good relief stints, and some great defense.  It's been the consistency of the offense that's been missing.

I think this weekend is a mere coincidence, as much as returning to the norm and the pendulum swinging back to the Angels' favor. The first half of the season, a significant number of Angel hitters were way below their career marks ie. Joyce and Ianetta and to a lesser extent: Cron, Calhoun, and Aybar. The last 4 games, all of the players that I listed had significant contributions which lead to blowouts. Unfortunately, I only wish these performances were spread out more, having a great 4 game stretch by all of these players to make up for 3+ months of very poor performance is not a good trade off. Winning a game by one run, is just as good as winning by 8+ runs.

I agree to a certain extent. All of those players mention had their breakout vs very subpar pitching. Even the one decent RP yesterday came in and completely shut us down.