• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict Stonemans First Move

I'll laugh my ass off if he makes some kind of killer trade for a big bat without losing much.

just for trolling purposes, id like to see dipoto tweet something like "hopefully the next guy will honor the calhoun and tropeano deal i had in place for andrew mccutchen" just ao we can all go batshit crazy and start stabbing people

Move his Commodore 64 into JD's office.

"Sorry Arte. The memory on this contraption only has enough room to keep track of batting average, ERA and my top score on Oregon Trail.

By the way, I lost 4 oxen and died of dysentery."

He will do whatever Sosh tells him to do as he is nothing more than Mike's puppet.

Honest question here, are you a troll or simply an idiot? If you think someone like Stoneman would agree to take the position but in name only, you must be one or the other. Most people around here that don't care for having Stoneman because he seldom makes trades, but you think he's a puppet. So if he doesn't make a trade, which most here feel he won't, it's because Sosh told him not too. Or if he makes a trade you don't like then it's because Sosh told him too. Seems pretty legit and I can find no fault in your logic.

Honest question here, are you a troll or simply an idiot? If you think someone like Stoneman would agree to take the position but in name only, you must be one or the other. Most people around here that don't care for having Stoneman because he seldom makes trades, but you think he's a puppet. So if he doesn't make a trade, which most here feel he won't, it's because Sosh told him not too. Or if he makes a trade you don't like then it's because Sosh told him too. Seems pretty legit and I can find no fault in your logic.

So why would we hand the position to a 71-year-old who's only been involved in an advisory role for the last several years? To me this looks like Arte and Mike threw a bone to an old buddy. I can only hope we don't resign him to a long-term deal after the season and that he's only a placeholder for Servais/Klentak/etc.

So why would we hand the position to a 71-year-old who's only been involved in an advisory role for the last several years? To me this looks like Arte and Mike threw a bone to an old buddy. I can only hope we don't resign him to a long-term deal after the season and that he's only a placeholder for Servais/Klentak/etc.

dipoto left abruptly, its not like theyve had the time to interview people. Stoneman has experience, was available and is already part of the org. Im sure theyre already looking ahead to who they want to interview after the season...which is kind of scary.

To be fair, when they hired dipoto it was in a different direction thn we all were expecting. Hopefully they still want a stat guy, and hopefully after all the bad pub mikes gonna learn from it and realize hes got to change

dipoto left abruptly, its not like theyve had the time to interview people. Stoneman has experience, was available and is already part of the org. Im sure theyre already looking ahead to who they want to interview after the season...which is kind of scary.

To be fair, when they hired dipoto it was in a different direction thn we all were expecting. Hopefully they still want a stat guy, and hopefully after all the bad pub mikes gonna learn from it and realize hes got to change

On the surface, folks on the outside can easily assume that this happened because it was new-school vs. old-school, but what's to say it isn't that black and white? Scioscia and Co. may be more on-board with stats and analysis than the media reports/speculates...maybe not as on-board as Dipoto and Co., but not bluntly against it as people are speculating. 

It could be far more gray - Dipoto repeatedly crossing boundaries, Dipoto being too overbearing, Dipoto oversaturating them with stats...it could very well be a simple clash of personalities instead of philosophy. 

In no way am I suggesting Dipoto is solely to blame, but what if he came across to coaches as players as not just a new-school train of thought, but a GM who was far, far more pushy, overeager, and overbearing in stats and information that it just drove them nuts? 

Perhaps Klentak, Servais, or another name could accomplish the same intent in which Dipoto was brought on-board with just by having a different personality and rapport with coaches and players. Obviously, the organization had some interest in a new-age mind since they brought Dipoto in to begin with, and gave him this long of a rope, and were willing to keep him on-board yesterday still. Maybe it's still their hope to find a new-age mind to achieve that balance with Sosh, and Stoneman is truly just an interim GM until Klentak is groomed.

Edited by totdprods

On the surface, folks on the outside can easily assume that this happened because it was new-school vs. old-school, but what's to say it isn't that black and white? Scioscia and Co. may be more on-board with stats and analysis than the media reports/speculates...maybe not as on-board as Dipoto and Co., but not bluntly against it as people are speculating. 

It could be far more gray - Dipoto repeatedly crossing boundaries, Dipoto being too overbearing, Dipoto oversaturating them with stats...it could very well be a simple clash of personalities instead of philosophy. 

In no way am I suggesting Dipoto is solely to blame, but what if he came across to coaches as players as not just a new-school train of thought, but a GM who was far, far more pushy, overeager, and overbearing in stats and information that it just drove them nuts? 

Perhaps Klentak, Servais, or another name could accomplish the same intent in which Dipoto was brought on-board with just by having a different personality and rapport with coaches and players. Obviously, the organization had some interest in a new-age mind since they brought Dipoto in to begin with, and gave him this long of a rope, and were willing to keep him on-board yesterday still. Maybe it's still their hope to find a new-age mind to achieve that balance with Sosh, and Stoneman is truly just an interim GM until Klentak is groomed.

great post, I think people are really getting carried away with the Jerry DiPoto victim narrative.  Im sure its not all his fault, but I also think Scosiscia really getting a raw deal here.  The truth is almost always somewhere in between two stories.  The way that Scosicia is being portrayed just makes for a juicier story and it feeds perfectly in the Sosh hate club narrative.  Jerry DiPoto is a big boy, I do not believe that he would let Mike Scosicia run him out of his job as a MLB general manager.  I just dont believe he's that weak of a dude.  I also dont think Scosicia is liar, they made it work for almost 4 years.  Now in the middle of the season over a contentious meeting, thats the last straw.  I just dont buy it.  I think Hector Santiago's comments are telling  This is more complicated then its being made out to be, and it may well have a lot more to do with Arte then Scosicia.

Edited by UndertheHalo