• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zero accountability on this team

You do something stupid?  No big deal, keep doing it.  You make a lazy play?  No big deal, keep doing it.  

Believe it or not there are some clubhouses in baseball that hold players accountable for making dumb and selfish plays.  But with this team?  We just keep seeing the same things every year, even with new players.  

Would be nice to have a manager who doesnt just sit on his *** and give players a pat on the back for making lazy, careless, dumb plays.  

I'm not sure what this is referring to, but earlier the TV broadcast showed disgruntled Scioscia giving Johnny G an earful in the dugout. Now maybe he was telling him not to grab at his cup so much during the game, but I thought it was refreshing given the "turn the page" meme.

FUBAR still does not know how to bunt.

Terrible fundamentals...and damaged another possible run scoring inning.

Jean Segura is a bunting witch...

Oh?  Bill James flat bat award winners.... 

2009 http://www.billjamesonline.com/stats150/

2010 http://www.billjamesonline.com/stats278/

2011 http://www.billjamesonline.com/flat_bat_award_2011/

2012 http://www.billjamesonline.com/the_flat_bat_award_2012_/

2014 http://www.billjamesonline.com/the_flat_bat_award_2014_/

That pop up bunt was awful, but the guy is consistently among the best bunters in MLB.

You do something stupid? No big deal, keep doing it. You make a lazy play? No big deal, keep doing it.

Believe it or not there are some clubhouses in baseball that hold players accountable for making dumb and selfish plays. But with this team? We just keep seeing the same things every year, even with new players.

Would be nice to have a manager who doesnt just sit on his *** and give players a pat on the back for making lazy, careless, dumb plays.

You should change your name to Troll Princess

This again QM? If you don't see the glaring holes on this team from a talent stand point then you're blinded by your hatred of Scioscia, or your more polyanic than I am. It takes more than two great players to win when the rest of the team fails to execute. The manager can win or lose you a hand full of games a year. But I highly doubt Sosh gave the, "don't score a run sign" in the 7th inning.

I'm not watching the game but unless it was Joyce or Iannetta there's no way to hold players accountable because we have no one to take their place.

I remember back in 2012 I believe, Callaspo hit a single and tried to stretch it into a double, got throw out by 10 feet, the next day he hit a single down the line and again tried to stretch it into a double and got throw out by about 25 feet.  He was so out he literally just let the second baseman tag him.

The camera pans into the dugout and Scioscia comes over and pats Callaspo on the butt.  This is why the team never learns from their mistakes and keep doing stupid shit on the bases and making mental errors, no accountability.

I cant believe people still have the audacity to defend such a terrible manager.

I remember back in 2012 I believe, Callaspo hit a single and tried to stretch it into a double, got throw out by 10 feet, the next day he hit a single down the line and again tried to stretch it into a double and got throw out by about 25 feet. He was so out he literally just let the second baseman tag him.

The camera pans into the dugout and Scioscia comes over and pats Callaspo on the butt. This is why the team never learns from their mistakes and keep doing stupid shit on the bases and making mental errors, no accountability.

I cant believe people still have the audacity to defend such a terrible manager.

Yes the majority of baseball people are wrong and a handful of you are right. Congrats for being smarter than people who make a living doing this and people who've been in the game at the highest level. Enjoy your arrogance.

Water is wet

And the manager has a iron clad contract

Arte Moreno has eaten hundreds of millions of dollars worth of iron clad contracts. Scioscia's is a drop in the bucket.

Edited by ScottLux

Sosh only gets doink wins.

Do you have any rational explanation as to why this team plays stupid baseball, and makes the same mistakes over and over again? If the manager has no job whatsoever, please tell me how his "run at all costs" philosophy is helping this team. And while youre at it, explain why our stolen base % is ranked at the bottom of the majors, why this team leads the league in outs on the bases, and why we continuously see rallies ended with horrible play calls.