• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zero accountability on this team

Do you have any rational explanation as to why this team plays stupid baseball, and makes the same mistakes over and over again? If the manager has no job whatsoever, please tell me how his "run at all costs" philosophy is helping this team. And while youre at it, explain why our stolen base % is ranked at the bottom of the majors, why this team leads the league in outs on the bases, and why we continuously see rallies ended with horrible play calls.

Lack of team speed. Horrible third base coach. Players like Aybar and Albert who make horrible base running decisions. Featherston who is our fastest guy on the bench has blown it at least twice in the ninth inning, and he shouldn't be on a major league team. QM just admit it, if an Angel player makes a mistake your first inclination is to blame Sosh. I can only assume that your boss where you work must hold everyones hand all day long just like a kindergarten teacher. If you think Sosh has anything to do with Joyce playing poorly, or Featherston playing like he does, Cron having to get every day at bats, or the fact that our back up outfielder this week is Robertson, last week was some guy named newinsomething, then we had the guy we called up from the minors, buts it's cool because someday we will strike it rich and get Cowgill back, then you know nothing about who constructs a team. If it was up to me the one change I would make to our everyday line up would be make sure Navarro is in it. Also the entire premise of this thread is nonsense because we have zero idea if there is accountability behind closed doors.

Good point, now doesn't that point to JeDi's poor record at bringing in decent/solid offense, aside from the big stretches by Pujols in 2012, April 2014, and for the past month?

Otherwise, the solid offense has been mainly supplied by those already here in the org when JeDi was hired.

This team will ONLY return to its' 2000s winning ways when the FO becomes a lot better at adding offense via the draft, foreign scouting, trades, or FA.

And yes, totally agree on Navarro needing to be in the lineup at least most of the time, between LF and when Pujols needs to DH. Why Sosh refuses to play him more often is a big mystery.

Edited by Angel Oracle

[quote name="Angel Oracle" post="604514" timestamp="

This team will ONLY return to its' 2000s winning ways when the FO becomes a lot better at adding offense via the draft, foreign scouting, trades, or FA.

So in other words the team will only return to its 2000's ways when the FO adds offense, I agree, oh and a 7th inning guy.

Check out the OPS+ difference between 2014 and 2015

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAA/2014.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAA/2015.shtml

Besides guys named Trout and Pujols, everyone is underperforming.  Also, there was drop off between Kendrick and Giavatelli (115 to 96) and a significant drop from Hamilton/Cowgill to Joyce.

Pretty much the same line-up is underperforming...guys are not doing their jobs.

Check out the OPS+ difference between 2014 and 2015

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAA/2014.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAA/2015.shtml

Besides guys named Trout and Pujols, everyone is underperforming. Also, there was drop off between Kendrick and Giavatelli (115 to 96) and a significant drop from Hamilton/Cowgill to Joyce.

Pretty much the same line-up is underperforming...guys are not doing their jobs.

And I still think that we will win the AL West. Houston is going to fold like a cheap lawn chair in August and September. Texas will probably hang around. Oakland and Seattle are pretty weak.

And I still think that we will win the AL West. Houston is going to fold like a cheap lawn chair in August and September. Texas will probably hang around. Oakland and Seattle are pretty weak.

Yeah, I think its too soon to pull the plug on the season.  The SP is still solid, we have a solid BP, just needs some guys to start performing like they can on offense. 

I can't wait to win the mediocre West and get blown out by Kansas City in the first round.

The Angels are not a good team and those fans who expect them to go far in the playoffs are wearing rose-colored glasses.

(I hope my post can be bumped when we get to the World Series.)

I can't wait to win the mediocre West and get blown out by Kansas City in the first round.

The Angels are not a good team and those fans who expect them to go far in the playoffs are wearing rose-colored glasses.

(I hope my post can be bumped when we get to the World Series.)

If we win the west we will face whoever wins the AL East. The runner up in the AL Central will face KC.

We may never even play KC at all. We might very well beat the Yankees in the first round then face the Twins in the ALCS.

Edited by ScottLux

I'm not a failo, but talking about who we'll face in the ALCS while on the verge of losing (or even splitting) a season series with the Diamondbacks....

We're well into the season and the opportunity for this team to show something more than 500 ball is rapidly approaching.

Lack of team speed. Horrible third base coach. Players like Aybar and Albert who make horrible base running decisions. Featherston who is our fastest guy on the bench has blown it at least twice in the ninth inning, and he shouldn't be on a major league team. QM just admit it, if an Angel player makes a mistake your first inclination is to blame Sosh. I can only assume that your boss where you work must hold everyones hand all day long just like a kindergarten teacher. If you think Sosh has anything to do with Joyce playing poorly, or Featherston playing like he does, Cron having to get every day at bats, or the fact that our back up outfielder this week is Robertson, last week was some guy named newinsomething, then we had the guy we called up from the minors, buts it's cool because someday we will strike it rich and get Cowgill back, then you know nothing about who constructs a team. If it was up to me the one change I would make to our everyday line up would be make sure Navarro is in it. Also the entire premise of this thread is nonsense because we have zero idea if there is accountability behind closed doors.

The problem with this argument is that it's new players doing the same crap we have seen from old players. Do players just become idiots when they get here?

The problem with this argument is that it's new players doing the same crap we have seen from old players. Do players just become idiots when they get here?

Who are you referring too? The only player performing worse now than he did for another team is Joyce. as far as players becoming idiots, I'm guessing Albert made bad base running decisions in St. Louis. Look at our bench and give me a solution.

It is frustrating some of the blame can go to the manager most of it on the players. 0-9 RISP WTF! That Aybar bunt was sooooooooo bad. Come on Erick you are better than that.

Same old story last two games facing pitchers for the first time it's the kiss of death. Those two we faced look to be pretty promising or is it our lack of offense?

We better break out of this mini slump. 7+ runs today Get it done CJ.  GO HALOS!

Who are you referring too? The only player performing worse now than he did for another team is Joyce. as far as players becoming idiots, I'm guessing Albert made bad base running decisions in St. Louis. Look at our bench and give me a solution.

I'm referring to any new addition to the roster via trade, call-up, etc. Across the board this team is a dumb, fundamentally unsound team.

I've said it that we definitely need to acquire a player. For now, Efren in LF, Kole back to LO, Aybar to 8th/9th. Shit call up Green and let him play. He's in the doghouse though.

After 2002 (12 freakin seasons) MS's teams are an impressive 10-22 in the post season....including the awesome "3 and done" last year after a 98 win season.  

I finally accepted that MS will be here until he wants to leave, and the other fact I have accepted is that 2002 was an aberration.

I also find myself not really caring all that much, although I follow the team daily, my expectations and enthusiasm are at a new low for the century.

Arte's half dozen ego driven bad signings, MS's ridiculous, idiotic, and unheard-of 10 year extension after 09, these things have pretty much worked out as expected. 

Mike Scioscia and Arte Moreno have been abysmal as a manager/owner duo, if the expectations and goal are getting into, then deep into.. the post season.

I follow the team because it's my lifelong team, but my interest has waned to a point where I am just as, or more, interested in other teams, as I am in my life long love. I'll reinvest myself when one or both of the Moreno/Scioscia combo are gone. The attendance this season says that I am not alone.

For those that haven't noticed... Madden has those Cubbies playing solid baseball, and I begged and pleaded and made my case in many posts, for him to be hired back as manager of the Angels and Scioscia patted and the back and sent to retirement or another organization.

Keep Dipoto , dump Scioscia, and bar Arte from doing anything but writing checks and picking new craft beers for the fans to enjoy. 

For those that haven't noticed... Madden has those Cubbies playing solid baseball, and I begged and pleaded and made my case in many posts, for him to be hired back as manager of the Angels and Scioscia patted and the back and sent to retirement or another organization.

For those of you that haven't noticed -- his old team is playing better without him this year and with lesser players.   But sure -- the reason the Cubbies are winning is because Joe Maddon and not that impressive collection of talent they have been working on the last 4-5 years.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Sorry Homebrewer,

But I will take the owner/manager combination that wins 98 games in the regular season.

Only 10 teams make the playoffs and only one wins. The World Series Champion is not always the best or the highest paid team.

You have to be in the playoffs to win it. 20 teams from last year would have loved to be in the Angels situation.

I'm a fan from the 70's, when just making the playoffs was something we Angel fans used to dream of.

Go Halos!!!

Wrong, Albert was considered an excellent baserunner in St. Louis.  He comes to the angels and all of a sudden he's as bad as Aybar.

Joe Maddon has a bright future as a manager in the game of baseball.

Mike Scioscia's time is past. Has been past for a while IMO.

I wish the Angels had chosen to pursue the future, rather than reward a past...but that seems to be the way of this org...

Arte bringing in Pujols and Hamilton being the prime examples other than MS.