• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aviation Fans

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's a pretty good testament to the airliners redundant systems these days that an engine exploded and the plane performed as well as it did.

the A-10 has never been a favorite of mine as i don't really care for the way it looks. but my goodness, what a doggone effective piece of machinery. look at the 1.30 mark of that second video. i'm surprised the top of the hill is still there.

13 minutes ago, Thomas said:

That's a pretty good testament to the airliners redundant systems these days that an engine exploded and the plane performed as well as it did.

Minus the nearly getting sucked out of a window and taking shrapnel part, it's all good

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

the A-10 has never been a favorite of mine as i don't really care for the way it looks. but my goodness, what a doggone effective piece of machinery. look at the 1.30 mark of that second video. i'm surprised the top of the hill is still there.

My uncle was an F-105 pilot and worked in avionics for a while with the A-10 and told me stories how these things were shot to hell and still flying when most others would have been scrap metal. It's definitely a badass work horse. 

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Tank, the Hawg is one of the baddest looking planes ever created. Shame on you.

And I like that they made it look like the cobra rattler.

I’m about 99.99% sure that the investigation will find that a well established procedure or inspection was ignored, missed, or misinterpreted allowing an engine to remain in service when it should have been removed for tear down. These planes have too much reliable service history for this to be random 

Engine tracking is a full up career. Onboard computers track time and temperatures at various stages of the engine. They know how much time each module has on it. What parts are showing wear in the oil samples. Every nick in the fan blades is dyed and dated so if any new ones occur it can be further inspected. That’s why they don’t fail inflight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I wish I could find out more. I’ll ask around to my aircrew friends 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44210403

The US-made F-35 stealth fighter has seen its first ever combat action, flying in an operation for the Israeli air force.

Good find, very interesting. Would love to hear more details, but they wont be made public. Would be nice to know how it performed against thr syrian/russian radar coverage.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

i was in manhattan beach sunday and saw a flyover by a squadron of WWII planes, perhaps corsairs. was figuring they were filming a tv show or movie.

flew in a nice, tight formation and looked very impressive.

Probably a practice run for this weekend.  

I love it when I'm in the IE, when Chino has it's air show.  Lot's of vintage planes flying around that weekend.  

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Probably a practice run for this weekend.  

I love it when I'm in the IE, when Chino has it's air show.  Lot's of vintage planes flying around that weekend.  

I was there a few weeks back. I try and go every year. One of the coolest shows, by far. Jets are cool as hell, but theres something cooler about those old warbirds.

I went to the Lyon museum in Santa Ana a week ago. Its small, but really nice. Once a year the collings foundation brings in their b-17, b-24, p-51 and b-25. This year they also had an A-1. You can buy rides, but its pricey...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 10:53 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

My late uncle (died within the past year at age 97) was the co-pilot of the B-24 Silver Bullet. Flew quite a few missions over Germany during the war.

My Grandfather flew B-24s out of Africa and Italy. (Later flew A-26s in Korea). I have his old stuff in a box. His mission logs show he bombed Ploesti...not sure if it was the infamous Ploesti raid or not...