• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aviation Fans

Boeing's "Transonic" Wings Will Carry Airliners to Nearly the Speed of Sound at Higher Altitudes

https://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/airlines/a25833379/boeing-transonic-wings/

The aviation giant is building an ultra-lightweight folding "transonic" wing, which Boeing says will allow larger planes to fly at higher altitudes while nearly scraping the speed of sound, which is consistent with the speed of many of today's airliners. The ultimate goal is to make long-haul flights seem more like medium-haul flights as the wings propel aircraft at speeds just below Mach 1.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/12/2020 at 11:09 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thats super high on my to do list. I want to get out there with a camera someday, but not sure how to time it to know when planes will come through

Was driving home from Vegas last week, near barstow.  When a 4 prop cargo plane came barreling out of the desert.  Low.  I mean low.  Like a few hundred feet from the ground.  flew over the freeway, then turned sideways to bank in a different direction.  then it flew off into the desert continuing it's low altitude.  It was pretty phenomenal.  When that plane banked, my jaw hit the ground.  Something that big, doing that kind of maneuver that you would expect from fighter planes.  My first thought was it was going to crash.  But you could tell, it was a deliberate maneuver.  

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Alright @Glen, lets hear it about why the F-35 is better than the F-22

F35 is better at killing Brown People.  F22 is better at killing White People.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/f-22-vs-f-35-which-stealth-fighter-wins-shootout-41652

The U.S. Air Force’s original plan was for the F-22 to be its high-end air superiority fighter while the F-35 was designed to be primarily an air-to-ground strike aircraft, but one which could defend itself.

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

This Man Owns The World's Most Advanced Private Air Force After Buying 46 F/A-18 Hornets

Interesting read.  Man, this guy has his own very capable Air Force.  

Yeah they own everything they need except live ordnance. Red air support has been a big area in which the services have been looking to save money. I'd be interested to see their maintenance program. Who makes the calls on what money gets spent and what is ultimately deemed flyable versus non-flyable. I might eve see if he's hiring

On 3/14/2020 at 1:01 AM, gotbeer said:

Something that big, doing that kind of maneuver that you would expect from fighter planes.

In 1990, I attended Aerospace America, the annual air show in Oklahoma City. That particular year was the first year that Russian military aircraft were allowed over US airspace, and a couple of SU-27 fighters were there. The real star of the show was the Antonov AN-225 Mriya. The day that I was there it wasn't scheduled to go up, but it did. With the world's largest aircraft, the pilot performed a touch-and-go followed by an immediate hard left bank. I almost dropped the camera.

17 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

In 1990, I attended Aerospace America, the annual air show in Oklahoma City. That particular year was the first year that Russian military aircraft were allowed over US airspace, and a couple of SU-27 fighters were there. The real star of the show was the Antonov AN-225 Mriya. The day that I was there it wasn't scheduled to go up, but it did. With the world's largest aircraft, the pilot performed a touch-and-go followed by an immediate hard left bank. I almost dropped the camera.

Still have the pics?