• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aviation Fans

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think thats fair when we talk about the russian government. And to be fair, IMO, they have reasons to feel the same towards us. But I think the average joe russian private could care less about us, and would rather drink some smirnoff and listen to 80s rock with us than fight.

I'm going to Russia 

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think thats fair when we talk about the russian government. And to be fair, IMO, they have reasons to feel the same towards us. But I think the average joe russian private could care less about us, and would rather drink some smirnoff and listen to 80s rock with us than fight.

Did you just put 80s and rock in the same sentence? Now I'm thinking you may be one of them

On 4/15/2020 at 9:37 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thats a pretty cool tribute.

I was at El Toro in 93 when a plane crashed... maybe 30 minutes after the show went on.... i always felt that was kind of shitty.

I'm glad that I wasn't there the day that Jones went down. A friend was. She said that after that, nobody was really interested in seeing anything. She said that when he got to the top of a loop, it was apparent that something was wrong. His last act was to steer the plane away from the crowd. The investigation afterward said that there was an engine failure due to probable oil starvation. The engine simply locked up when he got to the top of the loop. This was a maneuver that he had performed countless times without an issue.

On 4/17/2020 at 3:34 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I'm glad that I wasn't there the day that Jones went down. A friend was. She said that after that, nobody was really interested in seeing anything. She said that when he got to the top of a loop, it was apparent that something was wrong. His last act was to steer the plane away from the crowd. The investigation afterward said that there was an engine failure due to probable oil starvation. The engine simply locked up when he got to the top of the loop. This was a maneuver that he had performed countless times without an issue.

If I remember correctly, he was supposed to do a duo with another plane (either mig 15, or f-86, whichever the opposite he flew). The other plane couldnt fly, so he improvised a show.

I remember heading into a porta potty, and just before i stepped in, my buddy stopped me and said "hey, check it out"

Looked over, saw him doing the loop real low, then disappeared behind the crowd in front of me. Then people started screaming. 

I remember it was weird. No explosion noise. Just yellow smoke coming up, moving to the right. 

And then like i said, maybe 30 mins later, the show went on.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If I remember correctly, he was supposed to do a duo with another plane (either mig 15, or f-86, whichever the opposite he flew). The other plane couldnt fly, so he improvised a show.

I remember heading into a porta potty, and just before i stepped in, my buddy stopped me and said "hey, check it out"

Looked over, saw him doing the loop real low, then disappeared behind the crowd in front of me. Then people started screaming. 

I remember it was weird. No explosion noise. Just yellow smoke coming up, moving to the right. 

"This is something that happens once in a while. Don't worry about it." After you probably just watched a man die.

Incredible.

19 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

@arch stanton,

Reference that new F-15. Thoughts? 

I like the concept a lot. Makes sense as a financial compliment to the f-35. But i wonder if more f-22s would make more sense.

Ask Glen what a nightmare the F-22s are. F-15 is dual role and carries more for a shit ton less money. Also keeps Boeing in the game 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

On 4/20/2020 at 2:07 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

"This is something that happens once in a while. Don't worry about it." After you probably just watched a man die.

Incredible.

I was front row for that with the rest of my family. I remember My dad staring at it quietly saying "he's not making it out of that."

You guys are right that sticking around for the rest of the show had an odd feeling. I was at the '88 crash too but that guy lived.