• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aviation Fans

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I wrote several of the procedures in the maintenance manuals of that model. No particular significance to that landing but it kept me employed for a year between fighter gigs so i'll always have a soft spot for the Romeos.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a little private "Party" jaunt in this from SNA, out over Catalina, down the coast to Pendelton, up over Palm Springs and the desert, and back to SNA when Aircal introduced them into service back in the mid-80's.

AirCal_BAe_146-200A_Quackenbush.jpg

It's a BAe 146...just like the one that went down with the Brazilian soccer team last week. 

10 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Took a little private "Party" jaunt in this from SNA, out over Catalina, down the coast to Pendelton, up over Palm Springs and the desert, and back to SNA when Aircal introduced them into service back in the mid-80's.

AirCal_BAe_146-200A_Quackenbush.jpg

It's a BAe 146...just like the one that went down with the Brazilian soccer team last week. 

It's probably the same one the Brazillian soccer team used last week.  The exact same one. 

When they change carriers they probably change tail numbers to correspond to that carriers set of numbers but obviously the serial number stays the same and that's what would be tracked by FAA type organizations. I'll repeat with every tragic accident like what happened in Colombia someone blatantly disregarded well-established procedures that would have prevented the accident. Human error is always the culprit.

9 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

When they change carriers they probably change tail numbers to correspond to that carriers set of numbers but obviously the serial number stays the same and that's what would be tracked by FAA type organizations. I'll repeat with every tragic accident like what happened in Colombia someone blatantly disregarded well-established procedures that would have prevented the accident. Human error is always the culprit.

The cockpit alarms had to be deafening long before they completely ran out of fuel.

Already built into the wing design. The winglets that you see on 737s or others are kind of a retrofit that aids in fuel consumption (some new aircraft have them too). Here's an article https://airlineworld.wordpress.com/tag/b787-dreamliner/ 

A couple of interesting satellite launches coming up this month. The first 10 (out of 70) Iridium sats get launched from Vandenburg on a Falcon 9. These are small, low bandwidth commsats but still nice to have some internet for sailing people.

The other launch is a hughesnet Jupiter 2/Echostar 19 for satellite broadband customers (me). It's a big,heavy satellite at a high orbit so it requires a large launch vehicle.

echostar19.jpeg

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

Congress calls for a war games 'flyoff' between 40 year old A-10 and new $400bn F-35 jets to see which really is the top gun

Hell yeah! no contest, but the JSF will "win"...

The A-10 detractors always say the same thing, it cant penetrate hostile air space....well no shit. neither can helicopters, but were not getting rid of those.

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Congress calls for a war games 'flyoff' between 40 year old A-10 and new $400bn F-35 jets to see which really is the top gun

The Warthog is covered in 1,200lbs of titanium armor, making it invulnerable to attack from anything but heavy weapons.

Even when hit it is designed to fly home on one engine, with no tailfin and half a wing missing.

now that's an attack plane.

11 hours ago, RuledByNone said:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/12/19/jumbo-jets-low-turn-on-wrong-course-startles-neighborhood/

Dumb bitch air traffic controller at LAX doesn't know left from right.

What a cluster fuck.  here is the uncut audio.  Looked to me that two planes were on top of each other at one point.  Then she gives a turn around go south a number of times and doesn't say which way to turn.  Even after the pilot asks which way to turn.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/12/20/eva-air-lax-atc-audio/

Took a flight to San Francisco and the ATC screwed up big time and we nearly had a collision. The jet to starboard was so close I could see the pilot looking our way just before he dove right. Luckily he had the attitude to make that move, our pilot never budged on his approach.