• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aviation Fans

I always thought that voice was iniversal, not just in hornets

Most of them have the typical automated voice that we always associated with Bitching Betty. Hornets have the specific lady's voice. Every time I hear the comm test run and I hear "pull up" it reminds me of an old girlfriend but that's a story for another forum.

Last week, the Iron Maiden 747 (Ed Force One) made a visit to McCarran Airport. Some members of the Las Vegas aviation group on Facebook got some nice shots of it arriving. The really cool thing is that one of the members of the group is a licensed pilot and he was actually at the controls.

12806233_10153429039512503_7839784594988

so whose fault is it for what happened to iron maiden's plane? some dimwit who wouldn't clear out of the way of a plane, or the pilot was too busy checking his snapchat account and didn't avoid one of the trucks on the taxi way?

The plane was being towed. The steering pin that connected the nose gear to the tug fell out along the way, and the plane, with no steering, collided with the ground tug when it was rounding a corner. The undercarriage and two engines were damaged. Needless to say, the tug won't be used again.

httew3acwllzdcnm12fs.jpg

pttealwdqoyptott1zbs.jpg

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

so whose fault is it for what happened to iron maiden's plane? some dimwit who wouldn't clear out of the way of a plane, or the pilot was too busy checking his snapchat account and didn't avoid one of the trucks on the taxi way?

Towing accidents are almost always caused by crew members not following the very simple steps involved in securing the tow bar. A tow supervisor trusts his crew and doesn't double check everything they do at his (and the aircraft's) own peril.

• 1 month later...

Lots of Ospreys flying daily over south corona and into the cleveland nat'l forest.

They show up on flightradar24.com but with no identifying data.

https://www.flightradar24.com

I like that website. You can follow the flights over the north pole, usually to avoid the strong headwinds. On the eastbound flights from asia they usually stay more south to take advantage of the very strong (sometimes 250 mph) tailwinds. Fastest verified groundspeed was a 747 at 752 knots (865 mph) just east of Japan.

http://groundspeedrecords.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=437&Itemid=1760

Sometimes you can see when LAX or SNA switch takeoff/landing direction, usually during strong santa ana winds they point east.

You can also filter based upon aircraft type or airport. Good site.

I have a cheap ADS-B receiver so I can see the planes without needing internet. The range isn't very good with the small included antenna but you can still pick up planes within about 50 miles. It does software-defined radio too. Not bad for ~$20.

http://www.amazon.com/NooElec-NESDR-Mini-Compatible-Packages/dp/B009U7WZCA