• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aviation Fans

So airplane fans...find yourself with a few hours to kill someday...try this.

http://www.airliners.net/search/

Thousands and thousands of pictures of every aircraft imaginable. Lots of pilot pics, cockpits, in flight..

Commercial, Private, Military...from all over the world. 

During long missions they wear what they call "poopie suits". In a 2 seater you pass the control. In a single seater you engage the autopilot and handle your business. These suits open in the appropriate areas for using a specially designed container. It's the glamour of being a fighter jock.

do they wash them themselces, or does some luck maintenance guy get that dooty? I mean duty.

• 2 months later...

Longest in literal time I did was non-stop from LAX to Auckland...think that was about 13 hour non stop. Flight left at 9pm or something like that. A few drinks and dinner, a movie (business class baby!) and then slept like a baby for the 8 or so hours.

Longest in figurative time...10 hours from New Delhi to London while suffering from a bout of Delhi Belly.

At one point the stewardess knocked on the bathroom door and in her lovely British accent said "I left you a bottle of water outside the door if you need it love"

Usually you end up arriving in the morning on the trans pacific/atlantic flights, so I try and time it so I'm waking up near arrival time. Helps with the time adjustment and allows you to take advantage of the arrival day instead of feeling like you have to sleep.

My longest flight was 11.5 hours LAX-Heathrow. I can't sleep on a plane, and I was awake for the entire flight, even though we left at 7:30 PM. I was absolutely dead tired by the time we reached our hotel. As fortune would have it, our room was on the fourth floor and our hotel had no elevators.

I did 17 hours from africa back home once. Maybe this one was a half hour longer or something?

It sucked obviously, but i had a row to myself with a ton of movies...

The bad part was it was rhe most turbulant flight ive ever been on.

31 hours on a flight to chile once but that had a few layovers. Still sucked more than anything else

After all these long flights ive taken, i kind of chuckle when i hear people sweat flights to new york from LA.

Jeez, some of you need to toughen up when it comes to spending a few hours on a plane! Once you live in this part of the world, 12-14 hours becomes the norm if you want to travel internationally. To get to America I either need to go Perth-Sydney-LA (four hours followed by 12-14, depending on wind), or Perth-Singapore-Tokyo-LA (five hours, then about six and a half then 11 hours). We'll probably see regular, direct Perth to London flights in the not-too-distant future and that would be 19 hours. Now that would be brutal.

You know I have made multiple trips to Perth. Twice through HK, once through Brisbane.

And yes, it's quite insane to spend two full days on a plane to travel back and forth, only to think once you got there, "are you sure we aren't in San Diego?" Is somebody punking me?

Yeah, the Perth-San Diego comparisons are pretty strong. Unfortunately I can't see us getting an MLB team anytime soon though.

It's always funny losing an entire day through time differences. The best bit though is taking off from Sydney and landing in LA at a time earlier than when you left.