• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aviation Fans

you ever been on a southwest fight that wasn't packed to the rafters? me either.

i think they alienate a major part of their clientele if they start charging.

Southwest's problem is they need to keep fares elevated to cover what would be separate baggage fees.  They'd be screwed if they didn't already have a loyal following.

Baggage fees are a joke. You ahould at least be able to bring one piece of luggage (non carry on) included in the price of the ticket

agree. the airlines have fleeced us and we've allowed it. any ideas what we could do to resist paying those fees?

You could travel without luggage, but there aren't many trips during which that would be practical.

there's one airline (spirit air?) that now charges for carry on. they can go pound sand.

there's one airline (spirit air?) that now charges for carry on. they can go pound sand.

Spirit isn't alone, although they are the biggest offender. I am on an airline forum (Airnation.net), and on there Spirit is referred to as the aviation equivalent of living in a cardboard box. A coworker flew Spirit on a trip with her family, and by the time they got done with all the fees, her "bargain" fare had more than doubled. For that amount of money she could have flown an airline that doesn't shoehorn you into your seat.

Other airlines that charge for carry-ons:

Allegiant

Frontier

Some airlines have free carry-ons but there is a weight limit. On Frontier you can avoid the carry-on fee if you are a member of their frequent flier club.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

My wife recently took a short trip to Philippines to handle some business affairs. Qatar Airways authorized 30 kg (66 lbs) of baggage but only one bag. Filipinos have a cultural concept called pasalubong which is basically giving a travel gift to every person you've ever met so it's a mortal sin to have a single gram of unused weight on an international flight. Even if you don't have that much you'll always have friends who will ask you to bring stuff for them. Anyway, a single 66 lb bag is a giant pain in my ass to drag through the airport so her 3rd cousin gets a bottle of cheap perfume from Bahrain.

if time wasn't an issue, i'd travel far more often by train. much more comfortable seating and they don't seem to nickel and dime you to death like airlines.

the major advantage for air travel is speed. outside of that, they've done an amazing job of making flying a real pain in the butt for everyone.

In some ways, I think Southwest has gone downhill. 

A lot of smaller airports have just ONE flight pair per day to destinations far away.  I tried booking Ontario to Memphis or Birmingham the other day to visit a friend.  Only flight leaves at 6:00am and takes 11 hours.  Coming home there were NO flights from Memphis to Ontario on a Friday.  I've never seen that before on Southwest, not in the last fifteen years anyway. 

Southwest has us by the balls on the No Bag Fees, and if anybody is guilty, it's me.  I've planned trips around flying Southwest to avoid bag fees, but in the end, it rarely makes sense unless your only other option is Allegiant or Spirit...

Yep, i flew apirit airlines a few years back to chicago. Not really worth the discount.

If im flying internstional theres a few discount ones i like, they dont charge for bags but you can skip the meal and a few ofther things to save money. Other than that, if im flying domestic i try like crazy to fit it all in a carryon and backpack

Southwest has us by the balls on the No Bag Fees, and if anybody is guilty, it's me.  I've planned trips around flying Southwest to avoid bag fees, but in the end, it rarely makes sense unless your only other option is Allegiant or Spirit...

They have also all but monopolized the Las Vegas - Reno market, so fares between the two cities, which is a one hour flight, are a lot higher than you would imagine. I have made the trip once, but since it was a work trip the state paid for it. My stepdaughter used to fly home between semester breaks fairly often, and sometimes it was more than $300 for a round trip. I once flew round trip LAX to Heathrow for $350.

I guess it depends on the plane but I don't really know if those small private planes squawk mode 2 or report altitude. Surely he didn't have an approved flight plan to pass through the Shaw training range.

For an F-16 to collide with it it was either much higher than it should have been, way off course, or the F-16 was on final approach. An O-4 USAF fighter pilot probably has 2,000 or more hours in the seat and has flown a few dozen instrument check rides in his day.

Incident: United B764 enroute on Jun 24th 2015, captain disposes of ammunition into toilet

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=488ffe1c&opt=0

at least twice ive taken a backpack shooting, thought i empties it out, then emtied it again later after a flight, and found a live round in one of the 70 pockets....not very reassuring

On the other hand, they always catch my over regulation tweezers, pomade and stuff like that. So thats good.

at least twice ive taken a backpack shooting, thought i empties it out, then emtied it again later after a flight, and found a live round in one of the 70 pockets....not very reassuring

On the other hand, they always catch my over regulation tweezers, pomade and stuff like that. So thats good.

I had a multi-purpose tool (like a Leatheman) that I thought was lost in Lassen National Park.  A few months later, TSA discovered it inside my laptop bag at John Wayne.  Some threads came loose in one of the pouches and the tool wedged up underneath.  I had no idea.  They confiscated it and let me pass through.  I found out later that a "fringe benefit" for TSA employees is taking home passengers' confiscated pocket knives.  At big airports, they have trash cans full of them. 

But back to the original story.  How did the captain get through TSA screening with loose ammo like that?