• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aviation Fans

Of course, on a trip with that wide a stretch of water under me, I would prefer four engines. It remains to be seen if a twin engined jumbo jet could maintain enough altitude to make it to the nearest airport if an engine failed over the Atlantic or the Pacific.

i'm completely with you on this. on a flight over an ocean, 4>>>>>>2

only flew on a 747 once, and that was about 6 or 7 years ago. enjoyed it very much and made sure to go upstairs and take a look around. of course, the people sitting up there looked at me like i was a moron, but i didn't really care.

when i was a kid, the 747 was introduced. it was a thing of pure beauty to me. we had show 'n tell at school (i was in 3rd or 4th grade) and i told the class i had flown to philadelphia to independence hall and saw the liberty bell. showed them this book of historical documents i had purchased. they were all duly impressed. the only problem was that i didn't actually take the trip. we went to liberty hall across the street from knott's berry farm and i bought one of those packages of the declaration, the constitution, the bill of rights, etc. and tried to pass it off as something bigger. told a big fat lie and never got called on it.

i'm completely with you on this. on a flight over an ocean, 4>>>>>>2

I have made trans-Atlantic round trips twice, both times on Boeing 777s both ways (once on United, once on American). As I looked down at endless stretches of water I'm thinking, where do we put down if there is a problem? 

flew to hawaii once. kept looking out the window thinking "if we have any kind of trouble, we're all screwed."

yep. The scary reality is that a ship sinking offers slim chance of survival in the middle of the ocean....obviously a plane much less.

It really is one of my biggest fears, but i LOVE to travel so have to do it.

The Blue Angels come here for fleet week every year (except last year, bastards).

I have a party on my roof deck every year, they do awesome fly-bys over us and over the Bay.

It's amazing.

Note: these aren't my photos. Mine usually consist of my drunk friends and I and the planes somewhere in the background. These photos I'm stealing here are actually like.. you know.. good.

San-Francisco-Fleet-Week-682-M.jpg

US_Navy_071007-N-8878B-342_Blue_Angels_f

Edited by mrwicked

If I had lots of money, and, you know, flying skills, I would so buy one of those for humanitarian type missions. 

The military would say no, but it's a fun fantasy nevertheless. 

There are quite a few of them in civilian hands. 

KwJr6as.jpg

2%2017%20C-130A%20N473TM%2063%20left%20f

0091804.jpg

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I think there's about 60 countries that fly C-130's of some vintage or the other. They're not much fun as troop transports. I've logged a few hours in those web seat, the longest being the 5 1/2 hours between Okinawa and Guam. I can't complain though after hearing that some of the Australians fly in them from Perth to Las Vegas for Red Flag.

If I had lots of money, and, you know, flying skills, I would so buy one of those for humanitarian type missions.

The military would say no, but it's a fun fantasy nevertheless.

if i had the money, with my current flying skills, id buy an ac-130 for my oof with the business end facing the front yard, as sort of a "no soliciting" kind of sign.

if i had the money, i'd buy a helicopter. i hate driving in traffic.

"honey, let's go to san fran this weekend."

"great, i'll fire up the sikorsky. you grab the kids and some snacks."

I think it's just a matter of time before someone invents a drone that people can ride in.