• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aviation Fans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to the FAA, this is not the first time this has happened. In 2004, a Northwest Airlines flight, also headed to Rapid City, also accidentally landed at Ellsworth Air Force Base.

A couple of points here:

Delta merged with Northwest in 2008.

Delta did not operate the A320 until acquiring them in the merger.

Coincidence?

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Delta Plane Mistakenly Lands at South Dakota Air Force Base

One other those runways should really change their numbers.  14 vs 15 just doesn't seem like a big difference.

The runway ID numbers correlate with the heading the aircraft is flying when it lands on that runway. 13 would be around a 130 heading and 14 would be 140.Airfields don't withhold the info you need to land successfully. All this information is located in the approach plate the crew should be using when they enter the field's airspace. The pilot got a visual on the wrong runway and didn't bother to familiarize himself with the approach he should have flown. There is no blame to be laid anywhere in this equation except with the highly paid professional who has demonstrated both in simulator and in actual flight that he knows better. Check the link here.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/krap

I made somewhat the same mistake on my "triangle" solo. Not to go into too much detail but I was looking at an AFB while turning downwind and I wasn't where I was supposed to be. When ATC got me straightened out and I landed at the right airport, they invited me to park at the base of the control tower and wait for an FAA "official" to come talk to me. I was nervous as hell.

They took me upstairs into the tower and all had a laugh..and gave me a cold soda and a sandwich.  

It was pretty cool as a 19 year old student pilot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

2 things in terms of the headlines. First, developing is an open ended term (especially based on popular science...wheres that chameleon uniform already?). Second, at this point, the space shuttle is primitive.

Cool concept though. 

On 8/11/2016 at 7:58 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Second, at this point, the space shuttle is primitive.

I read an article years ago that said that the Space Shuttle was operated using Intel 80486 processors. It said that if you were bidding for a 486 processor chip on eBay, odds are that someone from NASA was bidding in the same auction.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I read an article years ago that said that the Space Shuttle was operated using Intel 80486 processors. It said that if you were bidding for a 486 processor chip on eBay, odds are that someone from NASA was bidding in the same auction.

I bet the last shuttle mission was playing oregon trail and john elway football to pass the time. Smh

• 4 weeks later...