• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

The CBA is pretty bullet proof.  I am sure that is why Arte is going this route.

I still don't get this.  Essentially only saving 15 million over three years...  Not sure you can find another outfielder for 3/5 that will do much better than him, and his ceiling is much higher than any OF you will get for that amount.

Another thing is, if Josh is balking at a rehab assignment, then the CBA does have recourse against Josh.

All around really strange.

i for one am not happy right now with this. 

I am not happy with with the club for throwing the guy under the bus when we knew what we were buying, not happy with how it was handled, not happy with public comments, and most of all not happy with giving him away for nothing.  Thats the part that upsets me the most... there was zero reason to give the guy exactly what he wanted in the first place, and get nothing for doing it but a pittance in salary relief, are we really that hard up? 

Im also not happy with Josh for doing what he did and he 100% bears responsibility in the matter, but its anyone truly shocked?  I applaud him for stepping up and admitting it and turning himself in.. whether or not he would have been caught anyway is another discussion and well never know for sure so its moot... What im most disappointed in him though is his failure to abide by the way things work... insisting on staying in Tex and refusing the assignment.. that, was petty and childish on his part and speak volumes to his character.  i applaud him for being honest about what he did, but not accepting the ramifications of it are absurd.

Im equally peeved at mlb for allowing contract language that it wasn't prepared to uphold.  Whats the point of putting stipulations in a contract that the union can simply say no too.   Plus taking as long as they did to make an egregious decision was just... asinine.

This could not have been handled worse by all parties as far as i can see but at the end of the day the club pays the price for it and  everyone else goes on about their merry way.  I look forward to seeing him put up better number than 2/3 of our OF and busting us out of playoff spot the last 4 games oft the season. 

Edited by floplag

if he gets caught again with the drugs do the angels get the savings when he is suspended or do the rangers?  not sure i saw an answer on this?   

Fletcher can probably answer this better.  But I do believe that they would get the salary relief if he is suspended for a drug offense.  But I don't believe that they would get relief from the luxury tax hit.  Might be wrong on both ends though.

Thinking about it more.  It could go either way.  If the Angels are paying the Rangers, then they might not get relief.  If the Angels are paying part of his salary, then they might get relief.  

I'm sure it's all hashed out in the trade details.  

For those of you talking about giving Hamilton away for nothing - they're trying to get him off the team and move forward.  That's not nothing.  Assuming the trade goes through, of course there will always be blow-back but the fact that he will be gone gives the team clarity going forward.  No more having to deal with him.  No more sun bothering him, no more wondering if a a life coach is necessary, no more excuses for poor performance.  All of that shit is gone and all they have left is a few months of articles about how terrible they are and then a few pieces about how's he doing with the Rangers.

Think about it.  If Hamilton came back to the team now it would be a constant media circus.  Every game would be an examination.  Evidently Arte decided it wasn't worth it.

So sorry for beating a dead horse, BUT I'll still say this. Was watching an episode of Intervention when this girl's family lays out how they will no longer allow this girl in their lives as long as she is using. She has to move out and won't be part of their family if she keeps using. This was part of her intervention. I guess you see where I'm getting at? The JDA is a joke.

For those of you talking about giving Hamilton away for nothing - they're trying to get him off the team and move forward.  That's not nothing.  Assuming the trade goes through, of course there will always be blow-back but the fact that he will be gone gives the team clarity going forward.  No more having to deal with him.  No more sun bothering him, no more wondering if a a life coach is necessary, no more excuses for poor performance.  All of that shit is gone and all they have left is a few months of articles about how terrible they are and then a few pieces about how's he doing with the Rangers.

Think about it.  If Hamilton came back to the team now it would be a constant media circus.  Every game would be an examination.  Evidently Arte decided it wasn't worth it.

Unless he hits in Texas like he usually hits in Texas.  Then it's going to come back like a drunk Napoli in the Boston streets.

I disagree.  PCP?

not that I want there to be, cause I really could'not care less, but I have'no Deen nor heard any new backlash at all from any media source towards Josh re: this whole mess. The org. has been roasted however ( rightly so to some extent) but a rod was demonized (again, rightfully so) to no end for the double bag moves he chose to make. Why not josh? Baffling.

not that I want there to be, cause I really could'not care less, but I have'no Deen nor heard any new backlash at all from any media source towards Josh re: this whole mess. The org. has been roasted however ( rightly so to some extent) but a rod was demonized (again, rightfully so) to no end for the double bag moves he chose to make. Why not josh? Baffling.

because the yankees don't have a soul

ARod, Clemens,Petitte, Neagle, Knoblauch,Stanton.....