• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

More recent reports are that the Rangers will pay below $7 million for all three years. Hamilton gets an opt-out after the second year (after the 2016 season).  One article said Moreno will pay $68 million.   The rest is a discount Hamilton is giving up because of the lower taxes in Texas.  He gets the same "take-home" pay, IOW, keeping the MLBPA happy. 

It looks like a huge financial loss to Moreno and a decent low-cost pickup for the Rangers that carries some suspension risk, but not much monetary risk.  It does have considerable potential upside at that low price and could improve the Rangers.  I don't think the Rangers expect him to perform as before, but hope he's an above average player.

Yeah, I don't like how the angels handled this at all, but in the end I don't like that Hamilton comes out great from a baseball perspective. After all, this is all because he broke the rules, yet he gets to go back to where he was successful and have a better environment to stay clean, all while essentially netting the same amount of money. Also avoids suspension despite breaking the rules.

Edited by HeavenlyHalos

ya if its not a full 15million savings...why not have him on the bench...you know he will come back and bite us...i think its happened before.

maybe putting him at end of bench or just keeping him at home would get him to a bigger cut in the buyout if he really wanted to play....would have called his bluff...i think he would have gone down to 50million to play again.

If he gets suspended while with Texas, won't we still get to bag the prorated portion of his salary? In other words, if the angels are paying 18 mil of his 24 mil salary next year, and he gets suspended for half the season, won't the Angels get 9 mil in savings (and tax room as well)?

If he gets suspended while with Texas, won't we still get to bag the prorated portion of his salary? In other words, if the angels are paying 18 mil of his 24 mil salary next year, and he gets suspended for half the season, won't the Angels get 9 mil in savings (and tax room as well)?

I would think so.  So the bottom line is that it doesn't matter where he relapses, the Angels would save on their portion of the salary they're paying.

Someone just took Hamilton from the angels for around 13-15m. That's a win After all the bs that has gone out. I wish he would have gave it a go here but his heart clearly isn't in anaheim

I just hate how the organization bent backwards to get this guy back in Texas.

i'm guessing because he wouldn't agree to a trade to any other team

What in the world did I do to deserve being called a dick? I asked a simple question. You're reading something into my question that isn't there.

I posted some simple math for people that were posting inquiring about the math. I don't care to have some stupid argument about it or what you think is relevant or what I meant with the post.

You replied with another stupid bait attenpt. It was basic math for those that asked, it didn't need your dumbass thoughts on what you thought I meant or point you thought I was trying to make.

Brandon had become more hostile and less laid back lately. Don't take it personally.

I have a growing intolerance for stupidity and people trying to argue about bullshit.

I went back a few months and average less than 10 posts a month in this section and everyone has some dbag trying to argue with me or create some meaningless debate about symantics or what they think I mean. Just dumb shit.

I posted some simple math for people that were posting inquiring about the math. I don't care to have some stupid argument about it or what you think is relevant or what I meant with the post.

You replied with another stupid bait attenpt. It was basic math for those that asked, it didn't need your dumbass thoughts on what you thought I meant or point you thought I was trying to make.

brandon, you're going full retard here. he's trying to tell you that you can't take 3 years of salary and call it 24% of one year's payroll. it makes absolutely no sense and contributes nothing. you're blowing up on a dude who's being polite to you. take a pill and relax, dude. 

Hmmmmm. If I'm Carpino I send beautiful strippers and a ton of cocaine to Hamilton's new residence. :)

I have a growing intolerance for stupidity and people trying to argue about bullshit.

I went back a few months and average less than 10 posts a month in this section and everyone has some dbag trying to argue with me or create some meaningless debate about symantics or what they think I mean. Just dumb shit.

*semantics

I am baffled by this response, and honestly have no clue why you're getting so upset by what I posted before. I was trying to understand your point. That's all. I wasn't being a jerk about it, wasn't trying to bait you, etc. Seriously.