• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

state of the union

Random staffer in Washington or not, I'm pretty sure she could have still written to Obama about her life and Obama had no clue who she was. Or maybe im crazy. Fox News reaching once again.

I guess random political staffers are apparently set for life.  Sounds like a sweet gig.  

For some, it has been an exhausting six years spent defending Obama.  The last five-plus have been particularly stressful.  The fatigue is evident on this board*.

*Every critical statement requires a disclaimer that it doesn't apply to everyone in the group.

Kinda like how the Bush supporters felt around 07 or so.  

Nothing about the Obama administration surprises me any more. Everything is so fake and phony. He has to go out on the road to sell everything he does, with a backdrop of nodding nincompoops.

Nothing about the Obama administration surprises me any more. Everything is so fake and phony. He has to go out on the road to sell everything he does, with a backdrop of nodding nincompoops.

"Joe" the "plumber" says hello.

Ha ha, Glen is in "Look over there" mode today.

Bush hasn't been president for over 6 years dude and if your best defense is to point to his crappy presidency then your pov is hopeless.

another shitty defense. barack isn't the antichrist that cons always paint him to be. 

I saw some more recent poverty cycles when I was doing contract work in '12 and early '13. As I traveled from job to job with everything I needed stuffed into the back of my Grand Cherokee I stayed in weekly rental suites most of the time because I was never sure how long I'd be in any one place.

As I would leave for work I'd see kids, many kids of many races, waiting for the bus in front of the place. One manager told me that even with both parents working a lot of families can't gather enough up front cash to rent an apartment or maybe their credit hinders them. I could understand this since even with credit scores in the high 700's and cash in hand to pay 6 months advance rent I was denied because I had no recent credit history.

If you fall into the cycle then getting out isn't always as easy as wanting to get out. That's why it's a cycle.

I saw some more recent poverty cycles when I was doing contract work in '12 and early '13. As I traveled from job to job with everything I needed stuffed into the back of my Grand Cherokee I stayed in weekly rental suites most of the time because I was never sure how long I'd be in any one place.

As I would leave for work I'd see kids, many kids of many races, waiting for the bus in front of the place. One manager told me that even with both parents working a lot of families can't gather enough up front cash to rent an apartment or maybe their credit hinders them. I could understand this since even with credit scores in the high 700's and cash in hand to pay 6 months advance rent I was denied because I had no recent credit history.

If you fall into the cycle then getting out isn't always as easy as wanting to get out. That's why it's a cycle.

Considering we have had a welfare state since the 60's maybe there might be better ways to help the poor break those cycles.

Republicans/Democrats are both screwing the middle class.

They both push through their own agendas on the backs of the middle class.  It really is despicable.

MT, there would be no 7 pages of back and forth over a State of the Union(which is just a pep rally) if everyone would stop and look at your statement.  I have been saying forever that this is really what is eroding the middle class.  

Our elected officials (no not just Obama, rethink) are the bigger problem than Chardonnay from Compton who just pumps out babies for another check, nor Rafael Sanchez Enrique De La Cruz Dos who illegally took your job and ending up being the one cleaning the chocolate fountain for everyone at Golden Corral.   

Yet, we all sit back and yammer at each other libs this, cons that.  That is where they want us guys, think it through. Before Obama there were more than 5 guys tunnel under the Rio Grande and only 29 welfare cases. Yet now you believe it has been tens of billions since.  Right where they want you.

So you ask if there are people in power running things why would Obama want to tax them and give it to Tanya from Torrance, they want to keep their money also.  These people running the agendas don't use the same tax code or schedule as we do.

This was my long crazy way of agreeing with MT's post.  Hope everyone will consider it is our main problem.  I know once Obama is gone it will get better.  Just what your favorite media outlet wants you to believe.  

Being poor is a vicious cycle that is difficult to break out of.  You can only afford to get cheap crap which keeps breaking (because it's cheap) and you have to keep replacing it with more cheap crap.  Cheap food sucks, and it makes you fat and sick but it's what you can afford.  If you don't have a decent health plan you can't afford to see a doctor for preventative care, and then when you finally have to see a doctor because it's urgent, it costs more and you have to take time off from your shitty job (which means you might be fired and replaced) and then you're even more in the hole.  It's ****ing horrible.

When I was on summer vacation between kindergarten and first grade, my family moved from Denver to Lancaster.  My dad had a sweet civil service job and worked as an auctioneer on the side.  With those two incomes my mom was able to stay home and raise the kids, although she did occasionally work as a nurse.  Starting out here money was tight but eventually we came out comfortably in the middle class.  Times like that are gone.  You can't get a job with a company and expect to both make a decent wage with regular raises, and stay with that company until retirement.  Not only that, but unless you make damn good money you can't afford to have the wife or husband stay at home to raise the kids.  That "bootstraps" shit sounds great but man, is it difficult and it keeps getting harder every year.

sitting on your ass thinking of ways to contniually avoid working doesn't help their cause either

Considering we have had a welfare state since the 60's maybe there might be better ways to help the poor break those cycles.

That was my point. The idea that people are poor because they aren't willing to work is poppycock in most cases. There has to be a way to help them recover without unending monthly checks that are just enough to keep them needing more.

MT, there would be no 7 pages of back and forth over a State of the Union(which is just a pep rally) if everyone would stop and look at your statement.  I have been saying forever that this is really what is eroding the middle class.  

Our elected officials (no not just Obama, rethink) are the bigger problem than Chardonnay from Compton who just pumps out babies for another check, nor Rafael Sanchez Enrique De La Cruz Dos who illegally took your job and ending up being the one cleaning the chocolate fountain for everyone at Golden Corral.   

Yet, we all sit back and yammer at each other libs this, cons that.  That is where they want us guys, think it through. Before Obama there were more than 5 guys tunnel under the Rio Grande and only 29 welfare cases. Yet now you believe it has been tens of billions since.  Right where they want you.

So you ask if there are people in power running things why would Obama want to tax them and give it to Tanya from Torrance, they want to keep their money also.  These people running the agendas don't use the same tax code or schedule as we do.

This was my long crazy way of agreeing with MT's post.  Hope everyone will consider it is our main problem.  I know once Obama is gone it will get better.  Just what your favorite media outlet wants you to believe.  

another jab at the conservatives, albeit with an opening statement to give the appearance of neutrality

i applaud the effort

That was my point. The idea that people are poor because they aren't willing to work is poppycock in most cases. There has to be a way to help them recover without unending monthly checks that are just enough to keep them needing more.

i don't think it's poppycock in most cases

The way the banks and lenders rate and gives credit is brutal.  I hate it.  You'd think this "recession" (depression, really) would have reshaped the credit industry as there was so - and is - so much opportunity for a huge lender to both help and make money off of a neglected and massive set of people who can't get credit because their previously good credit went down the toilet along with their job, house, etc.

Why the president isn't addressing this more is a head scratcher.  It not only speaks to his core followers but it would also genuinely help the economy.  

another jab at the conservatives, albeit with an opening statement to give the appearance of neutrality

i applaud the effort

Not really.  To be honest I am pretty neutral on the subject.  I lean more to the Dem side mainly because I have more money when they are in office.  Go figure. I must be the only one in the world who does well during a Dem presidency when the rest of you are being raped by them. I just never believe the destruction the cons portray, while most of them are doing pretty well.  That is my difference in lib and con, I will go either way depending on how it really effects me and not just what I am being told. 

Being poor is a vicious cycle that is difficult to break out of.  You can only afford to get cheap crap which keeps breaking (because it's cheap) and you have to keep replacing it with more cheap crap.  Cheap food sucks, and it makes you fat and sick but it's what you can afford.  If you don't have a decent health plan you can't afford to see a doctor for preventative care, and then when you finally have to see a doctor because it's urgent, it costs more and you have to take time off from your shitty job (which means you might be fired and replaced) and then you're even more in the hole.  It's ****ing horrible.

When I was on summer vacation between kindergarten and first grade, my family moved from Denver to Lancaster.  My dad had a sweet civil service job and worked as an auctioneer on the side.  With those two incomes my mom was able to stay home and raise the kids, although she did occasionally work as a nurse.  Starting out here money was tight but eventually we came out comfortably in the middle class.  Times like that are gone.  You can't get a job with a company and expect to both make a decent wage with regular raises, and stay with that company until retirement.  Not only that, but unless you make damn good money you can't afford to have the wife or husband stay at home to raise the kids.  That "bootstraps" shit sounds great but man, is it difficult and it keeps getting harder every year.

No one is arguing it is isn't difficult. Life is hard for everyone. Even rich ****ers who snort blow off the asses of trannies

Edited by Adam

Not really.  To be honest I am pretty neutral on the subject.  I lean more to the Dem side mainly because I have more money when they are in office.  Go figure. I must be the only one in the world who does well during a Dem presidency when the rest of you are being raped by them. I just never believe the destruction the cons portray, while most of them are doing pretty well.  That is my difference in lib and con, I will go either way depending on how it really effects me and not just what I am being told. 

I've made more money every year since I was in my early twenties. But my real tax rate has increased at a faster clip than my income rate in terms of percentages. 

I think you do the same. I have seen lots of posts from you over the years that are broadly critical of the "right." And that's fine...I may not agree with your characterizations, but I have never assumed your opinions should be construed as personal attacks on those who may believe opposite of you (including myself).

Not every critical statement requires a disclaimer that it doesn't apply to everyone in the group.

I agree that not all statements require such a disclaimer.

I've interacted with you in something like 3 threads lately, so my sample size is somewhat limited, but I'll quote your words from one of them:

"I think it part of holding a leftie card that you have to hate corporations, without even knowing why you hate them or having a good reason to hate them."

"I have never heard anyone on the left speak kindly of a corporation. Would you like to do so now and prove me wrong?"

Back to the disclaimer: There's no need for one in that case because you're pretty clearly making a judgment on all liberals, so much so that you're calling on me to be the first known liberal to you that breaks with your perception.

I agree that not all statements require such a disclaimer.

I've interacted with you in something like 3 threads lately, so my sample size is somewhat limited, but I'll quote your words from one of them:

"I think it part of holding a leftie card that you have to hate corporations, without even knowing why you hate them or having a good reason to hate them."

"I have never heard anyone on the left speak kindly of a corporation. Would you like to do so now and prove me wrong?"

Back to the disclaimer: There's no need for one in that case because you're pretty clearly making a judgment on all liberals, so much so that you're calling on me to be the first known liberal to you that breaks with your perception.

I think those are fair generalizations even if they don't apply to all of you marxist Packer fans