• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

state of the union

Thomas Jefferson would probably think, "alright, a target rich environment!"

many of them would have thought the same thing.

it's so bizarre to me that so many slaveowners looked upon africans as so vastly inferior, yet had no problem doing with them the most intimate thing two people can do.

it's an innocent question, tobias. take a deep breath or two.

we've talked quite a bit in this forum about how corrupt the system has become and how the new boss is no different from the old one. when the framers were putting the plan together, they envisioned a republic that would function efficiently, not something that would be as broken as what we have now. just throwing out a rhetorical question about how they would view what we've done with what they left us.

haven't you ever wondered what your great grandparents would think about modern technology? same kind of rhetorical idea.

Tank, your mere reference to the framers demonstrates that you must hate blacks.

it's an innocent question, tobias. take a deep breath or two.

we've talked quite a bit in this forum about how corrupt the system has become and how the new boss is no different from the old one. when the framers were putting the plan together, they envisioned a republic that would function efficiently, not something that would be as broken as what we have now. just throwing out a rhetorical question about how they would view what we've done with what they left us.

haven't you ever wondered what your great grandparents would think about modern technology? same kind of rhetorical idea.

It's not an attack on you or anything. I could honestly care less about what the framers thought. Most of them were lawyers and businessmen just looking out for number one and that meant going against the crown. This is a much different time and a much different place than what they ever thought to deal with.

I understand it's a rhetorical question but it's one that asks for an answer. That would be my answer.

many of them would have thought the same thing.

it's so bizarre to me that so many slaveowners looked upon africans as so vastly inferior, yet had no problem doing with them the most intimate thing two people can do.

If those Southern farmers were around today they'd probably kick it with 2 Live Crew singing, "we want some p^@€%"

Not really.  To be honest I am pretty neutral on the subject.  I lean more to the Dem side mainly because I have more money when they are in office.  Go figure. I must be the only one in the world who does well during a Dem presidency when the rest of you are being raped by them. I just never believe the destruction the cons portray, while most of them are doing pretty well.  That is my difference in lib and con, I will go either way depending on how it really effects me and not just what I am being told. 

i only care how it effects me.

i just haven't seen you ever criticize a "liberal" post here 

Never understood why people actually believe the founding fathers were beacons of morality sent from above to show the world a new and better way. They were drunkards, racists, money-grubbers, and concerned only for themselves. Not heroes. Some did good deeds. Most mixed in an insane amount of selfishness with those good deeds.

True.

But when a Republican is president, the founding fathers are rolling in their graves!

Never understood why people actually believe the founding fathers were beacons of morality sent from above to show the world a new and better way. They were drunkards, racists, money-grubbers, and concerned only for themselves. Not heroes. Some did good deeds. Most mixed in an insane amount of selfishness with those good deeds.

without a doubt they had their faults. but their greatness comes from standing up to tyranny and coming up with a better system that allowed people the ability to live without worry of gov't intrusion or interference. to say we've strayed from that would be a gross understatement, but at least they gave us a pretty impressive set of tools to live how we choose, and to live without fear.

i suppose we could always go back to a system of serfs and nobles, but i'm not really interested.

without a doubt they had their faults. but their greatness comes from standing up to tyranny and coming up with a better system that allowed people the ability to live without worry of gov't intrusion or interference. to say we've strayed from that would be a gross understatement, but at least they gave us a pretty impressive set of tools to live how we choose, and to live without fear.

i suppose we could always go back to a system of serfs and nobles, but i'm not really interested.

The founding fathers didn't invent democracy. Nor did our current group of politicians invent intrusiveness. And they stood up to tyranny because it got in the way of them profiting. If the tyranny allowed them to profit they wouldn't have cared. And many didn't. And others thought they didn't but changed their mind when they realized money could be more plentiful under a different government. These people were no different than our current politicians. No greater. No wiser. No more willing to forge a better society for all. That is a complete myth. Edited by HaloMagic

The founding fathers didn't invent democracy. Nor did our current group of politicians invent intrusiveness. And they stupid up to tyranny because it got in the way of them profiting. If the tyranny allowed them to profit they wouldn't have cared. And many didn't. And others thought they didn't but changed their mind when they realized money could be more plentiful under a different government. These people were no different than our current politicians. No greater. No wiser. No more willing to forge a better society for all. That is a complete myth.

Thanks, Howard Zinn. Your one-dimensional, caricature-esque portrayal of the founding fathers probably has a semblance of truth to it, but do you really believe the ONLY reason any of them partook in the struggle for American independence was profit? If that were the case, why didn't they simply set up another monarchy with them as the kings? Why fight and risk their lives to establish a government that gave the power to the (white male) people they wanted to profit off of?