• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

state of the union

Wow, this thread brought out the teeth.

Rally insulting the nicest poster on aw with a ridiculous claim.

Hollywood insinuating that only kids who go to community college pay their own way.

Phil making this a dem/rep thing.

Seriously is anyone going to defend Obama's bait and switch on the tax free college funds or boots on the ground in the middle east?

I can't stand politicians.

...and surveying from a mountain peak, atop his trusty and tall steed, MT.

Also, I never insulted bakunin in this thread.

The main reason why college (and healthcare) is so expensive is because the government guarantees the university or hospital full payment of whatever they want to charge through grants and loans. Obviously the way to fix problems caused solely by the government is more government.

If the government ever decided that everyone is entitled to a brand new car and gave out grants and loans to make that happen then a $20,000 car would end up costing $75,000. I'd love to be in a business where I could charge money nobody has and still get paid in full every time.

The government is already subsidizing $75,000 cars. They are called Tesla.

Stop being greedy Adam.  We all know you just want more money so you can step on more poor people.

You're right. Punishing success is the altruistic solution. I apologize and repent!

Edited by Adam

Tank, you've already been warned about your insistence of staying on topic.

don't let it happen again

no promises, but i'll do my best.

btw, what are you having for dinner tonight? we had vegetarian soft tacos last night. delish!

I think he was referencing the list you made about presidents who raised taxes during your lifetime and he wasn't included. I'm guessing it was unintentional though.

i was only listing democrats. the discussion at that point was about dem presidents who raised taxes vs. repub presidents who started trillion dollar wars.

the only dem i didn't include in my list was JFK because i don't know if he raised taxes. i think all of the repubs in my life have probably raised taxes, too, though i don't really know about nixon.

i was only listing democrats. the discussion at that point was about dem presidents who raised taxes vs. repub presidents who started trillion dollar wars.

the only dem i didn't include in my list was JFK because i don't know if he raised taxes. i think all of the repubs in my life have probably raised taxes, too, though i don't really know about nixon.

Understood.

What/who is most responsible for poor people being poor?

1. The Wealthy

2. The Economy

3. The Government

4. Poor People

5. Other

Liberals will claim its the wealthy, the big bad corporations, the media, the school system, etc. Anyone but poor people themselves. They will claim the solution is for the people in the top tax bracket to "pay their fair share," or for institution of a "living wage" (apparently the left doesn't understand basic principles of economics/inflation).

Liberals will claim its the wealthy, the big bad corporations, the media, the school system, etc. Anyone but poor people themselves. They will claim the solution is for the people in the top tax bracket to "pay their fair share," or for institution of a "living wage" (apparently the left doesn't understand basic principles of economics/inflation).

It's evident that you like to simplify things by putting everyone in neat little boxes and painting with broad strokes but at what point do you start growing tired of your own ignorance?