• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

state of the union

it's an innocent question, tobias. take a deep breath or two.

we've talked quite a bit in this forum about how corrupt the system has become and how the new boss is no different from the old one. when the framers were putting the plan together, they envisioned a republic that would function efficiently, not something that would be as broken as what we have now. just throwing out a rhetorical question about how they would view what we've done with what they left us.

haven't you ever wondered what your great grandparents would think about modern technology? same kind of rhetorical idea.

It was a good question Tank.  Those guys were true patriots but I don't think they ever envisioned having to dig up sand where the crazy people at the time lived for oil or all the technological advances we have.  It is interesting to read about the different people considered "Founding Fathers." and their backgrounds.  Seems there was still a certain buy in back then to become one even if it were three cows and two slave girls. Imagine some guy named Merck comes up and says dudes I ground up some leaves and other shit and snorted it, you gotta try it.  $35k yearly profit easy.  I need your vote here. That is my theory any way..................we have just become too good at what was a good idea back then.   

No, it wasn't the only reason. But it was a reason. Them being superhero do-no-wrongs intent on providing a better way wasn't. They were just like every other group of politicians. You can decide if that's good or bad. I'm not making judgement of them. I've just always found it silly to put them on a pedestal. Or even better, use the example of their perceived legacy to lob harsh criticism at the people who probably most closely reassemble the founding fathers.

The founding fathers aren't turning in their graves at today's political battles. If anything they're chomping at the bit to get involved and take a side.

i don't put them up on a pedestal but i greatly respect the risk they were willing to take. every signer of the declaration of independence had a bounty on their head, and many of them lost property and their wealth during the revolutionary war. those were big things to wager. 

imagine today a group that is so fed up with the way gov't is being run - too many lobbyists giving out gobs of perks and money for votes, politicians who don't have to follow the same laws they hand down to us, lifelong politicians who no longer serve the public good outside of how it benefits them personally - that they decide to risk it all and not only declare war on the feds, but take up weapons and start an actual war. just imagine what they're risking by doing this. that's the same general scenario as the guys in the late 1700s, who then wrote a new completely new system of gov't, one that wasn't being used anywhere else and was often called the great experiment. it worked, and has worked pretty well for decades.

but we have now reached a point where corruption is done right in front of us and hardly anyone raises and eyebrow. we receive so many empty promises about "reaching across the aisle", knowing that none of those promises are going to kept on things that truly matter. the approval rating of congress has reached all time lows, and the president is seen by many as a distrustful leader. this is not the system the powdered wig guys left for us. it's been twisted and crushed and reshaped to something that no longer works in the best interests of the citizenry.

to characterize the work of the founding fathers as a simple money grab is pretty lame (although there's some truth to it, but you've completely dismissed the lack of a representative gov't).

i only care how it effects me.

i just haven't seen you ever criticize a "liberal" post here 

I really wasn't aware that I needed to be criticizing anybody to be honest.  I just give my opinion.  It also is harder for me to criticize libs because cons by nature are stupider so.....help me here, what do you need me to say. 

The Founding Fathers were worse than Hitler. At least he believed in helping Germans succeed, unlike the FF, who simply wanted to make money off the naive colonists.

Unless the founding fathers rounded up groups of people and held mass executions, I don't see how this is an appropriate comparison.

I really wasn't aware that I needed to be criticizing anybody to be honest.  I just give my opinion.  It also is harder for me to criticize libs because cons by nature are stupider so.....help me here, what do you need me to say. 

that i'm always right

and  white people suck

oh, and something, something, ummm smart

that i'm always right

and  white people suck

oh, and something, something, ummm smart

Well yes, I am always right.  I tell you I am not being destroyed by Obama and that you likely are not either as you all cry out, I am most likely correct.

White people do suck but brown people are worse.

I have the right to only say something smart if I am being compensated for it. 

Lou and I do this every 2 or 3 years. He actually is always right but it is fun to play anyway. 

Edited by Kurt Swanson

african-american market, you racist hick

Depending on his perception of the authenticity of the product, Mr. Torii Hunter may want to discuss appropriate labels for this market with you. Well, it will most likely be via an intermediary, so you'll probably want to talk to Tank after his monthly lunch with Mr. Minnesota.

Depending on his perception of the authenticity of the product, Mr. Torii Hunter may want to discuss appropriate labels for this market with you. Well, it will most likely be via an intermediary, so you'll probably want to talk to Tank after his monthly lunch with Mr. Minnesota.

We had lunch together last Tuesday. He asked me not to disclose any details.