• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

state of the union

How much does community college cost outside of California?

Here, it is $46 per unit which is nothing over the course of a year (30 units).  Textbooks are not cheap, but you can always swap with friends or sell them afterwards.  The worst case scenario is about $3000 per year in tuition, books, and maybe even parking. 

Why do these people need subsidies again? 

I feel old, I remember when I paid $9 a credit. 

Or an ®, especially when they talk about starting more trillion dollar wars.

I think dems have probably raised taxes more often than repubs have started two wars, but you get an A for effort.

Btw, Barry told congress tonight he wanted authorization for military options against ISIL.

Edited by Tank

How much does community college cost outside of California?

Here, it is $46 per unit which is nothing over the course of a year (30 units).  Textbooks are not cheap, but you can always swap with friends or sell them afterwards.  The worst case scenario is about $3000 per year in tuition, books, and maybe even parking. 

Why do these people need subsidies again?

They don't need them. The Dems need votes. It's nothing more than bribery

Seeing as how most people who go to community college actually work for a living and have families and/or themselves to support while going to school, which takes up a good amount of time and energy itself, then yes subsidies are nice.

3000 dollars is a bit more than a cheeseburger.

Why should my income be penalized to pay for someone's decision to have a family?  Life is about choices.  Just like health care, you can't have it all.

Let's face it the Democrats have always wanted the middle and high income earners to pay for the lower income earners. The faces change but the policies do not.

And they've been very very good at fooling the majority of the country.  Few Americans understand that to be in the top 50% of income earners, according to the IRS, you need only make $33,048 (according to the IRS for 2014).  Read that statistic again.  $33,048 puts you in the top 50%.  You couldn't live on that in California.

To be in the top 25%?  $67,280.

Top 5%?  $159,619.

So yes, let's tax the rich and fund these pie in the sky programs for all.  Or some, anyways.  That top 25% doesn't know how good they have it.  Bunch of rich assholes!  Flaunting that $67,280 around while the rest of us lease our BMWs and go to South Coast Plaza when we lose a button on a shirt on our way out to dinner.  

The point I was making is that $3000 isn't difficult to earn.  Two semesters of college = 8 months a year.  You could easily earn that amount and much more by working full-time the remaining 4 months of the year, supplementing it with part time work while going to school. 

Why should my income be penalized to pay for someone's decision to have a family?  Life is about choices.  Just like health care, you can't have it all.

why should my income be penalized to pay for banks' cavalier attitudes towards finance? business is about choices. just like unicorns, you can't have it all.

I think dems have probably raised taxes more often than repubs have started two wars, but you get an A for effort.

Btw, Barry told congress tonight he wanted authorization for military options against ISIL.

You'd be hard pressed to find something as expensive on almost every level (money and lives, especially) as the wars the guys I assume you punched your ticket for lusted after.

Exactly my thoughts. If they do this with 529's I'm sure Roth IRAs and other type of investments that have tax benefits aren't far behind.

You just know they want to get a hold of those Roth IRA's. I'm rethinking whether to take the tax cut up front and switch to a standard IRA. At least I'll get the benefit before the government grabs it.

why should my income be penalized to pay for banks' cavalier attitudes towards finance? business is about choices. just like unicorns, you can't have it all.

...then go after the banks and their cavalier attitudes, which I would not be against, for the most part.  However, be warned that whatever the banks lose monetarily because of government legislation, they will pass on to you and me in the form of new and higher fees.  Indeed, you can't have it all.  

This morning he's hitting the trail to promote his ideas from last night. A never-ending campaign for this guy. This is the only thing he really likes to do as president. That, and picking fights with the opposition. I hope he realizes that most of his proposals are DOA.

Last night was your basic campaign speech.  Lots of bold and great sounding treats, on the face.  Populist hip-checking and calls for unity whilst blaming the other guys and threatening a veto if the cool guy doesn't get his way.

The swagger is back!  And a Clooney dinner can't be far behind.

This morning he's hitting the trail to promote his ideas from last night. A never-ending campaign for this guy. This is the only thing he really likes to do as president. That, and picking fights with the opposition. I hope he realizes that most of his proposals are DOA.

Wait, he's going to promote his ideas to try and gain support for them?

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAZY MAVERICK GUNSLINGER DOING?

NY Times headline this morning, 

Bold Call to Action in Obama’s State of the Union, Even if No Action Is Likely

This begs the questions, WHY do we need more government "action"? WHY do we need even more taxes and government spending? WHY do the American people need more free stuff which is not really free? WHY does the federal government's spending need to exceed inflation year after year? WHY do we need to go deeper and deeper into debt ($18 TRILLION and growing) to give people more free stuff?

The Republicans aren't asking those questions either. They want to grow government just like the Democrats. This country is headed for fiscal disaster, and at some point the bill will come due. Our children and grandchildren will get hit very hard.