• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I don't understand the gloating

I just wish Kansas City fans would have utilized the LIGHT WAVE. That would have really thrown the A's fans for a loop.

F%CK THE A's!!!

A's fans? Don't you have to have a certain number for it to be called fans? Maybe it should be something like A's herd, or clowder.

Edited by red321

Yeah, I can see that since Beane has been kind of a celebrity GM. To be fair though, what the A's do with their payroll, is naturally going to be more interesting than what the Angels do with theirs.

yeah, i get that, dont take anything away from that, but 12 year later.. enough is enough.

plus considering that by their own actions and admissions it doesnt actually work, can we "close the book" so to speak.

I agree with you, Angels Never Die, and feel much the same. I mean, I get it, I just don't resonate with it. It comes down to human psychology and, I think, a kind of tribalism - "my tribe vs. your tribe." I'm guessing that people that tend to be extremely tribal around their team are also rather nationalistic ("'Merica is the greatest!"). But I think the bottom line is, don't take it too seriously. Let the dogs bark.

That said, I was really, really happy to see the A's lose last night - but not because I have anything against A's, but primarily because I fear them more than the Royals, and secondarily because when the Angels aren't playing I like to cheer for the underdog and enjoyed seeing the Royals make the playoffs for the first time in 29 years.

Now what I find a bit silly is when people of one fan-base claim that the fan-base of another team is inherently more asshatish, douchey, etc. I mean, maybe, but there are douches and asshats in every fan-base. I don't think A's fans are inherently worse than any other group.

I agree with you, Angels Never Die, and feel much the same. I mean, I get it, I just don't resonate with it. It comes down to human psychology and, I think, a kind of tribalism - "my tribe vs. your tribe." I'm guessing that people that tend to be extremely tribal around their team are also rather nationalistic ("'Merica is the greatest!"). But I think the bottom line is, don't take it too seriously. Let the dogs bark.

That said, I was really, really happy to see the A's lose last night - but not because I have anything against A's, but primarily because I fear them more than the Royals, and secondarily because when the Angels aren't playing I like to cheer for the underdog and enjoyed seeing the Royals make the playoffs for the first time in 29 years.

Now what I find a bit silly is when people of one fan-base claim that the fan-base of another team is inherently more asshatish, douchey, etc. I mean, maybe, but there are douches and asshats in every fan-base. I don't think A's fans are inherently worse than any other group.

AJ we understand, you don't have to try to justify it. You like the A's. It's alright. We've accepted your life choices and still love you just the way you are.

Well said AJ. I threw a funny photo from the interwebs up on the chokeland thread but that's about as far as I go when it comes to gloating. Nothing personal against the A's because I respect their club. Hell, we just had a thread not too long ago about how we like their diehard fans and mentioned how hard it must be to continually watch baseball being played in that hell hole called the Coliseum.

This is normally the case with sports and tribalism can have negative consequences, like WWI. However, some things are intrinsically evil and not just an accident of birth or arbitrary choosing of sides. If somebody hoped that Jeffrey Dahmer were rotting in hell, you wouldn't say that it was merely because that person hated German-Americans. You'd assume that it was based on Dahmer's crimes against humanity. It's much the same with the Ass. 

I'm not gloating since the Angels road to the WS just got harder.

It's marveling at the level of the collapse, while at the same time realizing that the Royals may well be the tougher out in the ALDS.

The key to beating them is to not let too many batters reach base and go crazy on the base paths.

Their underrated guy though is Salvador Perez, who finally got his due last night.   Not only for the game winner, but for being a solid handler of pitchers and having a good arm.

Because he also does a solid job at the plate, he may well be the AL's answer to Yadier Molina. 

There are two different things now about the ALDS.  

Oakland was just average on the road.   KC had the best AL road record in 2014, while the Halos were just a game in back of them.

Oakland was very good at home.   KC is just average at home, while the Halos had the best AL home record.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Do you really think that's what I was trying to say?

Yes and the last line was indicative of it. You pulled the "But I have black friends" or "I'm not racist, but..."

Your thread is really overreacting. I saw more props to KC and happiness a rival or possible better team lost than what you are inferring.

I watched the game last night at my watering hole, and must declare it an Instant Classic!

I was rooting for the Royals (because I grew up a big George Brett fan, and still miss Phys and Hud-Dog), but was really hoping for an A's/Angels matchup.  It would have been insane at the games for an AL West series.

I Like the A's team, and appreciate what Beane is trying to do with his minimal payroll.  "Moneyball" is one of my favorite baseball books; it's really given me insight into the game AND I've used some of the lessons with our Sunday-league team to decent effect (of course, we don't have Major League talent, so we've got to get creative to scrap-out wins).

I am not one to start the jabbing, but if an A's fan were to start rambling about how we got lucky to not face them I'd be happy to trade barbs.  I like their fan-base for the most part; even the Angels have quite a few belligerent, A-hole, super fans..

I love the games (baseball and hockey), and don't gloat when my teams win (unless prompted by a b*&t-hurt fan of the opposition).  I would've been fine last season if Teemu got a last shot at Stanley in his final year.

Now, I'm excited at the possibility of a REAL Freeway Series with the Dodgers!  I have a lot of Dodger friends, and we'll have some fun needling each other.  The Royals have a great team with lots of speed, and never say die attitude.  It's gonna be a great test for the Halos, but I'll root for the Royals if they beat us.