• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels end stadium negotiations with Anaheim; Tustin on deck?

Dollar Bill

Something that hasn't been brought up yet, what if the Angels win the World Series this year?  Does that increase pressure on the city of Anaheim to keep the Angels in town?

I think the best case scenario here is the Angels win the World Series, Tait loses re-election, they work out of a deal with the city of Anaheim where Moreno gets development rights to the surrounding land and has additional money from developers/investors to tear down the cookie-cutter stadium they have and build something that truly shows the California spirit the way Petco and AT&T park do.  

But the reason these places are as popular as they are, besides the team of course is the experience.  It's everything going on outside of the stadium or up on the concourses.  With the rights to develop the land around the stadium, Moreno could build just that.  An experience. 

Something that hasn't been brought up yet, what if the Angels win the World Series this year?  Does that increase pressure on the city of Anaheim to keep the Angels in town?

I think the best case scenario here is the Angels win the World Series, Tait loses re-election, they work out of a deal with the city of Anaheim where Moreno gets development rights to the surrounding land and has additional money from developers/investors to tear down the cookie-cutter stadium they have and build something that truly shows the California spirit the way Petco and AT&T park do.  

But the reason these places are as popular as they are, besides the team of course is the experience.  It's everything going on outside of the stadium or up on the concourses.  With the rights to develop the land around the stadium, Moreno could build just that.  An experience. 

We need a new stadium, not a $150M paint job with new seats. The Big A could be converted into housing.

living-in-osaka-stadium.jpg

I don't go to a lot of games but moving south would stink as the location is great for me. Hop on the 91, get on the carpool, take the connector to the 5 and get off on Gene Autry. Even in traffic I can get to the parking lot in less than 20 minutes. I also think Anaheim is smart for not giving in to Moreno because as mentioned above, they have Disney in their back pocket.

Man, just imagine the name jokes for the next ten years if the team moved to Tustin.  A bunch of idiots saying "The Tustin Angels of Anaheim of Los Angeles of California of the USA, herpa derpa haw haw."

****, that would drive me nuts.

Congratulations on the worst post in months.

Red321's first post on this thread hit the nail on the head -- Anaheim has not been able to develop the 'Platinum Triangle' over the past decade plus and now suddenly they do an appraisal on it's potential value and see it worth a fortune?  and they have their own expert claiming they can make more than they are making now if the Stadium is razed and the whole thing becomes an off-site with shuttle parking lot for Disneyland -- I sort of doubt that........also that's putting all your eggs in one basket (Disney's) rather than having multiple economic drivers.

Look, I think the current location is the best centrally located venue for the Angels -- the Angels and the city need each other but you sure can't tell by the way the city has negotiated (IMO) in bad faith.

The new transit center being built there real close to the ballpark will add to the current ability to get to the ballpark via Amtrak and local transit.

If the Halos win the World Series, I am sure there will be pressure on the city to live up to the offer the city council previously approved and that was presented to Arte Moreno.......

I don't go to a lot of games but moving south would stink as the location is great for me. Hop on the 91, get on the carpool, take the connector to the 5 and get off on Gene Autry. Even in traffic I can get to the parking lot in less than 20 minutes.

In my case location isn't a big deal because I'm coming from outside the area and I just adjust my accommodations to be near wherever the park is. Unless it's a downtown LA location, which changes things completely.

I can't be alone among out of town fans in hating the idea of playing anywhere that isn't Anaheim. The current arrangement is ideal as far as nearby hotels and is reasonable in terms of bars and restaurants (will also be better if this freaking parking lot development ever happens). I understand why Arte is playing hardball, Anaheim is sticking to this bad faith bullshit and it's not helping anyone. If they want to be the death of this part of Anaheim, keep playing hard and let the Angels leave. I'm sure the nearby businesses will be thrilled with you.

You live in Australia, you have no vote.

IIRC the real estate market suffered just a little bit right around the time the Platinum Triangle was being built.

Anaheim has not been able to develop the 'Platinum Triangle' over the past decade

Um yeah, things have changed.

now suddenly they do an appraisal on it's potential value and see it worth a fortune? 

Personally I think the stadium location is perfect.  The stadium itself is great.  I dont see any problems with it.

you've clearly never been to the newer parks. i live in san diego and i've been to some padre games in various circumstances. the stadium kicks the ass out of the big A. it's noticeably better, from seating arrangement to environment. it's the product on the field where the angels have got the advantage, you know just that little thing.

Not a fan of corporate welfare to billionaires courtesy of tax dollars paid by folks working hard to live paycheck to paycheck. COA needs to do what is in the best interest of their citizens financially. That said, the financial truth rests somewhere between all the BS "projections" overpriced and ridiculous consultants submit.

The whole thing reeks.

This is going to be fun. Either a new stadium or a public fight filled with posturing. Anaheim can't afford to pay for the demolition of the Big A without money from developers. As an extreme example, Montreal Olympic Stadium would cost $500-700 million to take down because they used so much concrete they can't blast it down. Would love to see what Arte has planned for developing the site.

I always thought Olympic Stadium was ugly. Never did I realize how truly so it was. A time machine relic back to the days of multi-purpose monstrosities