• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels end stadium negotiations with Anaheim; Tustin on deck?

Dollar Bill

Claude is noticeably absent from this thread. He will be here soon to tell us how greedy Arte is. I for one don't want them to move because I love the location. I would be fine with a new stadium where the old stadium is, but I highly doubt that will happen.

Arte already has a sweetheart deal. He's not going anywhere. He still owes the City of Anaheim a stadium renovation that should've been completed by now. I wouldn't call him greedy but to lease him all that land for $1 is a gift of public funds. The city should try to sell it.

You must not value the jobs he provides and the revenue his team generates for the city and community. Also you act like this is unique to Arte, the Angels and the city of Anaheim. Not to mention he's willing to put up $150 million to renovate the stadium that is falling apart.

Strad, Arte is already on the hook for that renovation for the free rent he's enjoyed since he bought the team. It's in the agreement. He's not doing it because he wants to. He has to or leave.

As they said in the Godfather, "this is just business".

To me, there are no winners and losers.  As much as everyone here loves to shit on the COA, they have appeared to have done some homework, and told Arte, "if you don't like it here, find somewhere else.  And we will use that property for our own use".

I haven't seen any other municipality beating down Arte's door yet.  And if someone makes him a great offer, then good for him.

This is going to be fun. Either a new stadium or a public fight filled with posturing. Anaheim can't afford to pay for the demolition of the Big A without money from developers. As an extreme example, Montreal Olympic Stadium would cost $500-700 million to take down because they used so much concrete they can't blast it down. Would love to see what Arte has planned for developing the site.

I can't be alone among out of town fans in hating the idea of playing anywhere that isn't Anaheim. The current arrangement is ideal as far as nearby hotels and is reasonable in terms of bars and restaurants (will also be better if this freaking parking lot development ever happens). I understand why Arte is playing hardball, Anaheim is sticking to this bad faith bullshit and it's not helping anyone. If they want to be the death of this part of Anaheim, keep playing hard and let the Angels leave. I'm sure the nearby businesses will be thrilled with you.

This is going to be fun. Either a new stadium or a public fight filled with posturing. Anaheim can't afford to pay for the demolition of the Big A without money from developers. As an extreme example, Montreal Olympic Stadium would cost $500-700 million to take down because they used so much concrete they can't blast it down. Would love to see what Arte has planned for developing the site.

The Montreal Angels. I like it.

Is that water park in Diamond Bar or Covina or whatever still there?  Raging Waters I think?

Irvine Meadows is going away?  I saw The Who there in 2001, it was a great show.

Edit: nm that was The Hollywood Bowl.  I am thinking it must have been Green Day or someone like that.  I want to say The Vandals but not sure they could fill a venue like that.

I saw Def Leppard and Queensryche there in '89.