• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels end stadium negotiations with Anaheim; Tustin on deck?

Dollar Bill

Ahh yes move to Tustin or Irvine which is even further away from Los Angeles.  Yet you still call yourself the Los Angeles Angels.  Brilliant!

By the way why would Disney want that property?  Are they going to build another Disneyland there?

It's a whole 7 miles further away.

My only question is if Tustin Ranch Rd., Jamboree Blvd., Edinger Ave, and Dyer Rd. can handle the in and out traffic from 40,000+ fans 81 times a year. 

Restaurants galore exist already in The District and the Tustin Marketplace.

Edited by Angel Oracle

And the city council feels they are going to get maximum value for the land if Disney is involved? Not to mention the huge infrastructure project that would have to occur along Katella to support something along those lines...including dealing with crossing the 5 freeway?

They are already planning a huge infrastructure project down Katella to link the ARTIC to the Convention Center and Disneyland Resort.

If Disney wants that land bad enough, the City Council isn't going to tell them no.

I really like Angel Stadium itself, but I hate where it's located. Sure, freeway access is good, but there's not much to do right around the stadium. I wish we had a stadium/area combo like San Diego, Chicago (Cubs), or Baltimore.

Which is why Tustin would be perfect.  I think they want to put the stadium where The District is plus they have a ton of land still around there that they can put in whatever.

Please no LA, please no LA, please no LA.   While I'd miss the Big A, I'd be ecstatic to have them move south to the old Blimp Hangars or the old El Toro Air Base.  So close to home!!!   Or maybe even the old Wild Rivers/Verizon Amphitheater land (though I think that's already earmarked for more houses, go figure), but then they could tie in with Spectrum and actually have some stuff around the Stadium.  Keep it in OC and don't go North!

Or maybe even the old Wild Rivers/Verizon Amphitheater land (though I think that's already earmarked for more houses, go figure), but then they could tie in with Spectrum and actually have some stuff around the Stadium.

Wild Rivers is already leveled and 3 story apartment buildings. Irvine Company owns all the land around there, Verizon Amphitheater days are numbered to become more of the same thing. Edit: The Lease on the land for the venue ends in 2017 and will not be renewed. Planned to put 1,750 apartment homes in total on that land.

Even though a "Green" stadium built into the hill right there would be pretty sweet.

Edited by Aaronkv

This has been going on for years. I remember when Gene Autry was in his early 70's he got so frustrated with the Anaheim city council that he almost built his own stadium. He said if he was 10 years younger, he would definitely do it. I went to my first game as a kid in 1976 and some of my fondest memories of my high school years and college years were spent up in the old upper deck football seats in right field. However, I'm okay if Arte moves, just please, please, please, please, please don't move to L.A,

Arte is in Anaheim basically rent free and he wants a bigger piece of the pie. Laughable.

You must not value the jobs he provides and the revenue his team generates for the city and community. Also you act like this is unique to Arte, the Angels and the city of Anaheim. Not to mention he's willing to put up $150 million to renovate the stadium that is falling apart.

It's a whole 7 miles further away.

My only question is if Tustin Ranch Rd., Jamboree Blvd., Edinger Ave, and Dyer Rd. can handle the in and out traffic from 40,000+ fans 81 times a year. 

Restaurants galore exist already in The District and the Tustin Marketplace.

ao we know you have a regular seat at swinging door and devas.

Please no LA, please no LA, please no LA.   While I'd miss the Big A, I'd be ecstatic to have them move south to the old Blimp Hangars or the old El Toro Air Base.  So close to home!!!   Or maybe even the old Wild Rivers/Verizon Amphitheater land (though I think that's already earmarked for more houses, go figure), but then they could tie in with Spectrum and actually have some stuff around the Stadium.  Keep it in OC and don't go North!

Wait...there's no more Irvine Meadows (I guess Verizon) Amphitheater?

Damn. I've been away a long, long time.

I guess, theoretically, I wouldn't have a problem with a move to Tustin/Central County. It would be easier for South County to get to and still wouldn't be too bad for the core of Anaheim/Fullerton/Orange.

My concern would be that the Angels do draw a significant fanbase from the IE (my brother and parents, specifically) and I'm thinking another 7 miles south on the 55 or 5 would be problematic (and knowing my brother, he would certainly not want to pay tolls on the Eastern Toll Road). I guess Arte could help pay for the tunnels under the Santa Anas?