• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels end stadium negotiations with Anaheim; Tustin on deck?

Dollar Bill

I hope they move to Tustin or Irvine. It's easier for me to get to the stadium.

Aside from that, I still think Disney is pulling the strings here. Disney would love to get their hands on that property and I'm sure they are whispering in the ears of the Anaheim City Council.

interesting point.. hadnt considered that i have to say,

The city of Anaheim has shown zero ability to develop that part of Anaheim (or really anything). I'm not a big fan of city giveaways to billionaire sport owners, but you do have to chuckle at the idea of Anaheim coming up with a solid plan for that area. Hell, wasn't it their deal with the Rams and the whole parking lot/development failed crap that ultimately led to the Angels getting the out clause being used now?

Edited by red321

Ahh yes move to Tustin or Irvine which is even further away from Los Angeles.  Yet you still call yourself the Los Angeles Angels.  Brilliant!

By the way why would Disney want that property?  Are they going to build another Disneyland there?

Disney has a lot of reasons to want that land.  They desperately need it.  There is no where else in Anaheim that they can expand to.  It's been no secret that for years Disney has wanted to put in a water park in Anaheim.  But where are they going to put it?  The most logical place is where they currently have the Toy Story parking lot.  Right now that's their overflow parking and employee parking.  So they are going to need a new location to put those people if they plan to develop that land.  It would be easy for Disney to turn Angels Stadium into a large personal parking lot to bus people back and forth from.  Or they could just put the water park on the Angels Stadium site and use the ARTIC to get people back and forth.

I love the Big A as well, But that is mainly because It's all I've known and it's Obviously my favorite team. Can't beat the Freeway Access. It's never taken me more than 5 minutes to get out of a game. Even when sold out.

I would also love a new stadium. I just beg for no PSL's!!! That's my only concern with a new stadium, Tustin would make it a hell of a lot easier to get too for me though.

Disney has a lot of reasons to want that land.  They desperately need it.  There is no where else in Anaheim that they can expand to.  It's been no secret that for years Disney has wanted to put in a water park in Anaheim.  But where are they going to put it?  The most logical place is where they currently have the Toy Story parking lot.  Right now that's their overflow parking and employee parking.  So they are going to need a new location to put those people if they plan to develop that land.  It would be easy for Disney to turn Angels Stadium into a large personal parking lot to bus people back and forth from.  Or they could just put the water park on the Angels Stadium site and use the ARTIC to get people back and forth.

And the city council feels they are going to get maximum value for the land if Disney is involved? Not to mention the huge infrastructure project that would have to occur along Katella to support something along those lines...including dealing with crossing the 5 freeway?