• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Huston Street

Tim Brown â€@TBrownYahoo  39s

In Street talks, Padres said to like 2B Taylor Lindsey and RHP RJ Alvarez.

Giving up two close to ML ready players for 1.5 years of any reliever isn't a good use of resources imo. I could be way overvaluing our prospects, actually im sure that i am, but i just don't like this deal if that's what it turns out to be.

Yeah, even trying to be as unbiased as possible Alvarez and Lindsey going would be pretty bad.  Maybe they'll only move Street if they get someone back who's close to being a major league shutdown type bullpen guy.

The Angels have a ton of those who are not RJ Alvarez.

That trade would be idiotic and counterproductive.

Mike DiGiovannaVerified account‏@MikeDiGiovanna 35m

Can confirm #Angels and #Padres in serious talks on Huston Street. AAA 2B Taylor Lindsey, A SS Jose Rondon could be in trade.

Strike that Jose Rondon speculation on #Angels trade. Turns out he was promoted to double-A Arkansas. Good for him.

Giving up two close to ML ready players for 1.5 years of any reliever isn't a good use of resources imo. I could be way overvaluing our prospects, actually im sure that i am, but i just don't like this deal if that's what it turns out to be.

The real kicker is that Grilli and Thatcher are both FAs...  So, there will be a pressing need as soon as this offseason.

Do we really need a proven closer? Joe Smith has been as shut down as it gets as of late

Yeah, I mean I think there's still an opportunity to get better there, but I don't think we're so desperately in need of another reliever to justify Lindsey + someone like Alvarez.

Hopefully the Alvarez part is just that the Padres WOULD like to have him, not that the Angels are including him.