• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Huston Street

The major league club got better in the short term. 

The farm system was weakened as a result

Was it proportionate?  Not in my opinion. 

But does it have to be?  maybe, maybe not. 

This is a dangerous game and one we have played before in the not too distant past.  One that has bit us in the ass.  

It's probably my biggest nit with this trade.  Not the players we lost or that it seems like we didn't get like value in return, but the sheer fact that they are willing to go down this road again.   

The major league club got better in the short term. 

The farm system was weakened as a result

Was it proportionate?  Not in my opinion. 

But does it have to be?  maybe, maybe not. 

This is a dangerous game and one we have played before in the not too distant past.  One that has bit us in the ass.  

It's probably my biggest nit with this trade.  Not the players we lost or that it seems like we didn't get like value in return, but the sheer fact that they are willing to go down this road again.

This is my biggest problem with the trade. We have a GM that makes this trade and an owner who allows it.

Six prospects are gone in order to acquire two relief pitchers. This is absolutely ridiculous to me.

Overall, I'm not upset about Getting Street. I feel we used too many prospects that had value we could have used for a more pressing need like a Starting Pitcher comes to mind.

4 for 1.5  is regular Every day player value!

Yes, but by this logic (assuming Gott is the .5), then we actually traded 2 for 1.5.

You know what you could do? Send PMs to the mods and ask them why things get deleted. The one who did it will tell you why. You probably won't agree with the reason because you'll be pissed and feel like you've been sensored, but you'll have your reason.

Why do you guys delete posts to begin with? It is one thing if someone is obviously trolling, but I rarely see that happening.

Posts are being deleted because some mods don't agree with their content.And that's the perogative of the powers that be, but this website loses major credibility because it is now being perceived as one where you can talk openly about Angels baseball, but only if you agree with the opinions of the mods.

Why do you guys delete posts to begin with? It is one thing if someone is obviously trolling, but I rarely see that happening.

Posts are being deleted because some mods don't agree with their content.And that's the perogative of the powers that be, but this website loses major credibility because it is now being perceived as one where you can talk openly about Angels baseball, but only if you agree with the opinions of the mods.

with all due respect, you don't see 98% of the comments that are censored.

Once again PM the mods that are deleting posts. I only delete posts that are inappropriate.

Once again PM the mods that are deleting posts. I only delete posts that are inappropriate.

Exactly, posts are deleted because they are inappropriate, not because Mods disagree with opinions.  There is a certain responsibility to meet the published Code of Conduct by all who post here, and it's sometimes violated. 

I've been away for a day, and even I can't keep up with this thread.  I gave up around page 29.  But it's interesting the change in attitudes from the page 1 to 29.  

When I'm sober in the morning and have some time, guess I'll add to, around page 75.  

I've been away for a day, and even I can't keep up with this thread. I gave up around page 29. But it's interesting the change in attitudes from the page 1 to 29.

When I'm sober in the morning and have some time, guess I'll add to, around page 75.

It sucks!

I like it!

We lost, it sucks!

Aw.com.....we are fahhh-mi-ly

This trade is a make or break for Dipoto. If it doesn't work out and things go south both Jerry and Huston will be looking for work next season. It looked to me like the team was already good enough to compete. Giving up all that young talent for Street surely points to a 'we must win now' or else Arte is going to make some other arrangments.

Arte needs a championship to gain leverage against the Anaheim CC. It's business.

Lou, Stradling, I believe what you are both saying, but perhaps you exercise your mod powers better than others. I certainly have never seen you guys try to censor anyone, even when people say some stupid things.

But there were posts in several threads the other night that were deleted for what appeared to be no reason other than disagreement with the content.

And there is at least one moderator on here who thinks anyone who feels differently than him is an idiot who shouldn't be posting. I see him attack other posters on a near daily basis for no reason other than disagreement with the content of their posts. That shouldn't be what this board is about, IMO.

So the trade was

Hudson Street

0.76 WHIP and 1.06 ERA this season

1.02 WHIP and 2.86 ERA for a career

Concern I see is that he has pitched in extreme pitchers parks.  But  in Colorado, a rising 0.91, 1.06 and 1.22 WHIP with a 3.06, 3.61, and 3.86 ERA

Trevor Gott

2nd season 

At A+ a 3.16 ERA, 1.18 WHIP but at AA a 4.63 ERA, 1.71 WHIP.  

his last 2 year of college were good, and his A ball campaign was a 2.56 ERA 1.11 WHIP.  

Looks like he's a pure reliever.  

Taylor Lindsey

At the AAA level now.  A second baseman.

In 5 years, his minor league OPS is a .776.  At AAA his OPS is a .721.  

Still only 22, but 17 errors at A+ and 18 at AA makes me believe he isn't a defensive wiz.  

RJ Alvarez

College guy that was moved from starter where he was horrible, to a reliever.

2.36 ERA, 1.14 WHIP in the minors.

From A to A+ to AA his numbers get better in a 3.29, 2.96 and 0.33 ERA and 1.21, 1.25, and 0.85 WHIP.  

Jose Rondon

20 year old SS in his A+ campaign.

Career minor league .753 OPS

A+ campaign .777 OPS. 

Looks to have little power, but his doubles and triples are good.  His steal rate is poor, and 16 errors in 43 games 15 errors in 66 games makes it seem his defense isn't that great.

Elliott Morris

22 year old in his second season in the minors.

3.46 ERA, 1.31 WHIP career numbers.  

Overall, from just looking at the stats, Alvarez is the one that hurts.  Not as sold that we lost a huge amount in Lindsey and Rondon.  They look to be maybe average, where Rondon looks like he still needs lots of work.  

Wild card will be Gott.  Looks like he has potential to be a solid reliever, but still too early to tell.  And definitely not at the level as Alvarez, where he looks like he might be a future closer.

This will be one of those in 5 years will make Dipoto look like a JeDi or really be a bad trade.  Overall, right now, IMO it's a pretty fair trade.  We get a reliever/closer that will help us now and next year, and lose a probable future closer and what seems to me to be possible average future middle infielders.  And when you consider that Hamilton, Weaver, Pujols aren't getting any younger and will be with this team for a few years.  Win now might be best option.  

You are crazy if you think people can't express how they feel about the trade.  More than half the posts in this thread are negative about the trade.  If people can't say they hate the trade without saying stupid that is there problem.  I can't believe the whining going on.

• 1 month later...

Screw anyone saying get out of here!

Let's see you stay off this board as long as I did, and then you can talk!!!!

Self-bans are stupid!

So are GMs who trade a great SS prospect and a great reliever prospect and a 2B prospect AND a 4th prospect for an overrated reliever who ain't Uehara and some scrub named Trevor Gott!

Uehara post AS break:

5.04 era

1.42 whip

.307 baa

.880 ops

and after blowing his 3rd consecutive save opportunity he is out as closer.

Street's era = 0.90