• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Huston Street

Shitty trade at the time?

If you're f***in blind!

Hadn't had a decent closer in years, I practically wanted to kiss DiPo's shoes after I heard we got this guy. Glad he's working out, I love how he throws.

That slide and foot plant is great. And he lets teams get themselves out. Huston Street you da real MVP!

Edited by CaliAngel

Yup.

By the way with how quickly some of you come up with quotes other people said 32 pages back almost a year ago is kind of creepy/stalkerish.

Don't get salty because I found a quote that contradicted your previous post. 

And by "found" I mean "located in my cabinet next to a pair of your underwear".

I looked really bad in this thread so to change that I'll go on record now and say I loved the Street trade! There, it's on record

Most of the best threads about this incident, IIRC, are no longer even on record at all. The mods deleted several threads due to excessive use of the phrase " [expletive] Jerry Dipoto." =(

Now that Alvarez had his not so grand MLB baptism for Oakland (9 innings, 13.00 ERA, and 2.11 WHIP), the trade doesn't look so bad.

Morris and of course Rondon were the guys that at the time hurt to see traded away.

JeDi has built the starting pitching depth in the org; and while Rondon may be solid as a MLB SS, it is no slam dunk.

So, I say to myself in response to my July posts:

I agree.

Actually Alvarez got his first taste of the majors with the Padres at the end of last season but it was with the Padres for 8 innings so it was not like he was really out of the minor leagues.

Point is the Padres flipped him and another prospect for a catcher then spent two more Rondons along with two roster players for BJ Upton's boat anchor contract and Kimbrel that has an ERA over 4.

When the smoke clears the Padres spent far more in players, prospects and money to get back to where they started with an elite closer that was on a team friendly contract and botched it.

But they got Rondon.

I was strongly against the trade at the time. But I believe trades need to be judged both at the time they are made and later on down the line. At the time, I thought this was a terrible trade, but time is making it look ok, and it may eventually be a windfall for the Angels. And that is why Dipoto is the GM, not me.

• 1 month later...

So basically the worst result for his comp came true: http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/blog/4/entry-466-do-the-angels-have-the-next-robinson-cano/

His power just vanished. He still gets on base well but continued to struggle against LHP. Deal that continues to look like a plus-plus win for Dipoto.

Edited by ettin