• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Huston Street

I think Frieri and Jepsen are already proof that you never know when a reliever will start sucking or dominating. So it wouldn't be unheard of for Street to suck and Alvarez to dominate.

It would be unheard of because Street has a career of brilliant results under his belt. The guy dominates year in and year out unlike Frieri has. We'll see about Alvarez. He still hasn't pitched much in the upper minors even.

I would be completely shocked if Alvarez outproduces Street in the next 2 years.

What does Street need to achieve the next 1 1/2 seasons to make this a solid trade?

Personally, he needs to 1) stay healthy (3 previous seasons out of 9 with DL stints), 2) be consistently good with an ERA of no more than 2.25 and WHIP no more than 1.05, and 3) help lead this team to at least one ALCS appearance.

I am fearful this trade is going to be like Haren. We got a good pitcher that will help us. How is debateable since we already posses the 2nd best record in the majors without him. Three years later when those prospects move.to the majors we just may have people.talk about horrible it was.

The problem with the haren trade was that it was poor timing. Texas and oakland were waking up, and our offense was pretty mediocre.

I'm whatever with this deal. This is the closest the team has been to the playoffs since 2012 and the big reason they barely missed the playoffs that year was because of a crappy bullpen collapse in August+BAD SANTANA.

Would have loved to have acquired a starter, but THIS TEAM IS BETTER TODAY than they were yesterday and now we finally get to say the Bullpen shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Edited by Richard

whoa.  quite the bounty for a relief pitcher.  Albeit a very good relief pitcher.

It's not that I am overly convinced that any of the guys we gave up are sure fire major league contributors, but I think the mistake people make in evaluating a trade is just looking at how the traded players perform in the future.  You have to look at system depth, redundancy, and current market value. 

That's a fair share of organizational value and redundancy you just gave up.  Value that could have been used in other areas if need be. 

This is a very high risk trade.  One that I am not overly fond of because the short term gain could be minimal even if the player acquired does well.  To me, anything less than a deep playoff run this year and the trade wasn't worth it. 

I sure as hell hope it works.

what if we lose the WC game this year and win the WS next year with Street as our closer?

Would the trade still not be worth it?

I think Frieri and Jepsen are already proof that you never know when a reliever will start sucking or dominating. So it wouldn't be unheard of for Street to suck and Alvarez to dominate.

Yes, it wouldn't be unheard of, considering it's NEVER HAPPENED in his career, including the three years pitching for the Rockies.

I am fearful this trade is going to be like Haren. We got a good pitcher that will help us. How is debateable since we already posses the 2nd best record in the majors without him. Three years later when those prospects move.to the majors we just may have people.talk about horrible it was.

Saunders sucked, Skaggs is back, Corbin just had TJ surgery and Rafael Rodriguez is out of baseball.

Which traded player do you miss?

I love Street, I think he'll really help the team now. But this is one of the dumbest moves Dipoto has made. Giving up that much for 1.5 years of a reliever is always dumb, no matter how good the reliever. That's the type of haul you could maybe live with giving up for a good starter or position player. But we just seriously depleted an already awful farm system for a relief pitcher. That's what I would have expected from Bavasi, not Dipoto.

Saunders sucked, Skaggs is back, Corbin just had TJ surgery and Rafael Rodriguez is out of baseball.

Which traded player do you miss?

Well not to get involved in a debate on the merits of that trade again,but  Corbin would have been nice to have last year as well as for next year and the future.

Well not to get involved in a debate on the merits of that trade again,but  Corbin would have been nice to have last year as well as for next year and the future.

Corbin wouldn't have put us in the playoffs last year and we have no idea how he'll be next year

Well not to get involved in a debate on the merits of that trade again,but Corbin would have been nice to have last year as well as for next year and the future.

Corbin was one of the brightest young pitchers in baseball pre-injury and in all likelihood will be pretty damn good when he's back. It's crazy not to miss him.

I love Street, I think he'll really help the team now. But this is one of the dumbest moves Dipoto has made. Giving up that much for 1.5 years of a reliever is always dumb, no matter how good the reliever. That's the type of haul you could maybe live with giving up for a good starter or position player. But we just seriously depleted an already awful farm system for a relief pitcher. That's what I would have expected from Bavasi, not Dipoto.

...bavasi never traded ANYONE. Are you thinking reagins?