• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thatcher to Angels

Yeah

No clue who Krehbiel is, looks like a RP prospect who is in High-A. Borenstein had no future here with this OF set. I'll take the big league bullpen help

Still hoping for one more bullpen move, though I'm not sure if we'll see one

Smith

Grilli

Morin

Jepsen

Thatcher

Rasmus or Salas with Bedrosian/RJ Alvarez as options as well

if they did land somebody like Street or Benoit, this bullpen would be ridiculous

Santiago probably looks to join that list, unless we are going to stay with 6 starters.

living in san diego, i can tell you that joe thatcher was a huge part of what was an excellent bullpen for several years. they even toyed with the idea of making him the closer for awhile. if he's still throwing like he was with the padres, then we got a better than LOOGY pitcher. i hope that's the case.

Not sure I like Santiago in the pen. Keep him stretched out as a starter in Triple-A in case Shoemaker starts struggling or a pitcher gets injured(hopefully not). They don't have any legit SP options beyond Santiago

IMO that is a waste of Santiago's arm. Pitchers go back and forth between the pen and starting. Santiago has done this and is used to it. Side sessions in the pen are used to keep long guys "stretched out".

PLUS, the way CJ and Weaver have been looking, a long relief guy might be necessary in the 2nd half.

Santiago gives us that..

We now have too many relievers.  Smith, Morin, Jepsen,  Grilli, and Thacher are set.  Salas pitched in a rehab game last night in IE and looked good.  Santiago is a starter.  Hill should be DFA'd.  Perhaps we could move Kohn and Jepsen in a package for another starter?

We now have too many relievers. Smith, Morin, Jepsen, Grilli, and Thacher are set. Salas pitched in a rehab game last night in IE and looked good. Santiago is a starter. Hill should be DFA'd. Perhaps we could move Kohn and Jepsen in a package for another starter?

I think Kohn and Jensen might net us..... ummm... nothing good.

Edited by Kody Mac

Didn't somebody claim he was being traded just a week or so ago when something similar happened?

He was scratched from a start last minute when the Angels thought there was a chance of a double header because of weather.

His locker being empty seems like something different though. Of course it could be something as simple as a promotion to Salt Lake.

Edited by jshep