• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whiskey

That's what I like about the JW Black is the smokey notes.  I actually prefer the blend to many of the single-malts which are a little "one-note" for me.

I started off with only the single malts but have really enjoyed the blends as I drink them more. They are much more complex.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I went to dinner at Parkway Grill in Pasadena the other night. Ordered a house bourbon: aged in oak, infused with a touch of orange peel, and a huge iceberg. It was glorious and has set me on a path to figure out how best to infuse a bourbon (that could stand to use some improvent)

When I was making my own stuff I found the easiest way to mellow out a blend is 2 ounces of pure maple syrup.

We're Scottish and my father has gotten really into ancestry.com over the last couple of years.  He's made several trips back to Scottland to meet up with some family members he found online.  As a result of all this, he's now really into Scotch Whiskey (which is apparently "the water of our people.")  The folks who make The Black Grouse are apparently in the region where we're from.  He's been buying it for me, but I'm having trouble locking into it.  I'm more of a vodka, gin and wine guy.  I feel like maybe I need to try another brand and see if I like it better. 

They opened this new bar down the street from us called The Whisk(e)y. I think I really need to just roll in there and try out some flights. Find out which ones I like best.

http://www.thewhiskey.net

Whoa they have Green Spot. I've never seen anywhere in the US that has it. Treat yourself to one of the best Irish Whiskey you can get.

• 1 year later...

Never had any of those, but they're making my mouth water. good score. I love black label, and I'm sure I'd love blue as well if I could afford it.

Related, I was at a whiskey bar recently and tried a flight of Islay scotches.  All three really good, and so varied from big and peaty to light and grassy. Wish I could remember the name of them.

@Chuckster70 That Blue Label is $140 and it is pretty good. It's not my favorite (I'm a single malt guy) but I think you will enjoy it. Johnny Walker claims that every whisky used in the blend is at least 25 years old. My wife bought me a bottle last year for Christmas. I've never had the other one but 25 year? That's awesome!! Your father in law is awesome

1 hour ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Never had any of those, but they're making my mouth water. good score. I love black label, and I'm sure I'd love blue as well if I could afford it.

Related, I was at a whiskey bar recently and tried a flight of Islay scotches.  All three really good, and so varied from big and peaty to light and grassy. Wish I could remember the name of them.

The Islays are an aquired taste. You probably had a Lagavulin and a Laphroaig in there.

17 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

@Chuckster70 That Blue Label is $140 and it is pretty good. It's not my favorite (I'm a single malt guy) but I think you will enjoy it. Johnny Walker claims that every whisky used in the blend is at least 25 years old. My wife bought me a bottle last year for Christmas. I've never had the other one but 25 year? That's awesome!! Your father in law is awesome

try the blue label king george V edition. it's crazy delicious.