• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whiskey

On 6/14/2016 at 5:40 PM, Angels N Skins said:

@Chuckster70 That Blue Label is $140 and it is pretty good. It's not my favorite (I'm a single malt guy) but I think you will enjoy it. Johnny Walker claims that every whisky used in the blend is at least 25 years old. My wife bought me a bottle last year for Christmas. I've never had the other one but 25 year? That's awesome!! Your father in law is awesome

Shit, it's over $220 up here at our BevMo.

Anyhow, I cannot wait to try these 

Question though. I keep hearing that I should save these for a special occasion rrom friends and family (except for the friends that want to try it), your take?

Maybe I'll take care of the Singleton but save the other two?

7 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

Any place I can get it without financing it? Do they use older whiskys in it?

oh yeah.

it's a blend of only whiskeys that were distilled during king george V reign, ie 1930-1936. most of which no longer exist. 

the main example is the famous islay malts from port ellen.

if you come across it, order a pour. it'll be triple digits but totally worth it.

bottles you can get from the company directly.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Shit, it's over $220 up here at our BevMo.

Anyhow, I cannot wait to try these 

Question though. I keep hearing that I should save these for a special occasion rrom friends and family (except for the friends that want to try it), your take?

Maybe I'll take care of the Singleton but save the other two?

Yeah, I save my Blue Label for the special occasions. Try all 3 and save the one you like best. Price isn't everything

• 3 months later...
On 1/6/2015 at 11:38 AM, Chuckster70 said:

and for software engineers. 

Love me some good bourbon! 

I'll be up in Seattle for just a day next week and I'm thinking about ditching the wife and kid for a few minutes to check out the Whiskey Bar in downtown. Ever been?

4 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

I'll be up in Seattle for just a day next week and I'm thinking about ditching the wife and kid for a few minutes to check out the Whiskey Bar in downtown. Ever been?

Yep. I'd go. It's a cool dive bar with all kinds of good whisky. 

Let's meet up at my watering hole dude (Pikes Place Bar n Grill). 

Shoot me a PM and we'll exchange numbers.

3 hours ago, Lawrence said:

that place is great.

had some Oban 21 year, Macallan 25 year (I think) and the big boy: Macallan M when i was up there last summer. great place, talk to the workers they really know their stuff.

guarantee they will have blue label king george V too.

take your wife. there is a place across the street famous for having 1,000 bottles of liquor. ask for a cotton candy cosmopolitan, my wife loved it. 

as for the kids... let them go eat the gum off the nasty wall by pike's place market. will keep them busy for a whil.e

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Even better than the Whisky bar is Radiator Whisky, which is right upstairs from the place I said we should meet up if you have time.

http://www.radiatorwhiskey.com/

that place looks good to. doesn't have the high end stuff, but they have few choice whiskeys there.

speaking of whiskey: had some pappy in LV last month. good stuff. WAY overhyped (even the distillery agrees), but always very good. i think they are releasing next batch as i type.