• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whiskey

I cycle through them all depending on mood and availability. Right now I'm liking the rye. Most time, regardless of what I'm drinking, I prefer just enough club soda to give it a fizz and a twist of lime but I also like to keep a bottle of 21 year old Glenlivet for special occasions like 4th of July walkoff wins. That I only drink neat and usually accompanied by a Montecristo #5.  

I'll take any fine whiskey/bourbon/scotch on the rocks, and will try anything new. I'm not snobby and enjoy them all for what they are. I actually enjoy Gentleman Jack on the rocks at a bar from time to time. This place called The Cellar in Fullerton does "on the rock" drinks with unique whiskeys and liquors with a big solid single cube, the way it should be done, so fancy.

Really like smelling the oaky smokey accents on some of the fancier ones before sipping, and something about it going down just warms me up inside.

Much prefer it over wine or beer tasting, that's for sure.

I started out stricly bourbon and now I find myself drinking mainly Irish. I absolutely can't stand Scotch.

My bourbon go to is Woodford Reserve with my "special bottle" at the house being Bookers.

My Irish whiskey go to is just plain ol Jameson and my "special bottle" at the house is Green Spot that I got from Dublin. Liquid gold.

I do love me some whiskey

I started out stricly bourbon and now I find myself drinking mainly Irish. I absolutely can't stand Scotch.

My bourbon go to is Woodford Reserve with my "special bottle" at the house being Bookers.

My Irish whiskey go to is just plain ol Jameson and my "special bottle" at the house is Green Spot that I got from Dublin. Liquid gold.

I do love me some whiskey

I like the Woodford's as well. I do have a bottle of Booker's too. I make my Mannhatans with the Booker's.

Good thread. Pretty much all I drink these days.

My normal everyday is either Makers Mark or Bulleit Rye. Every once in a while I'll grab a bottle of Bookers because that bourbon is fantastic and kicks you in the dick......it varies by batch, but the abv range is between 136-150. It will kill the bacteria in your mouth for sure, but is smooth and tasty. Buffalo Trace is good, too. I prefer my bourbon neat, just straight in a snifter or rocks glass. Lately I have been on a rootbeer kick and I don't like soda, so I bought some cheap bourbon to mix with it.

With Irish whiskeys I prefer Bushmills to Jameson, but my Irish buddy is pro Jameson Reserve or 18 so that tends to be plentiful.

I'm not too versed in scotch because if I'm ever in the mood I tend to grab new bottles I've never tried before. The only one I have bought more than once are the Macallans 12 and 18.

With Irish whiskeys I prefer Bushmills to Jameson, but my Irish buddy is pro Jameson Reserve or 18 so that tends to be plentiful.

Even though I prefer Jameson to Bushmills straight up, I'll buy a bottle of Black Bush if I'm in the mood. Good stuff.

I like the Woodford's as well. I do have a bottle of Booker's too. I make my Mannhatans with the Booker's.

Though I respect your view of making Manhattans with Bookers, I think it's a complete abomination to mix Bookers with anything other than ice (and even that's saying a lot since Bookers in my opinion should be drunk neat).

Speaking of mixing whiskey, my go to mixer is Crown. Nothing beats Crown and coke in my opinion. The other week I had a chance to drink Crown's top shelf called XO. Never heard of it before and never had it before, it was so good. Had it on the rocks and immediately put it on the list of next bottle to buy.

b7a9de4faf749d417af510011c05b0e8.jpg

Good thread. Pretty much all I drink these days.

My normal everyday is either Makers Mark or Bulleit Rye. Every once in a while I'll grab a bottle of Bookers because that bourbon is fantastic and kicks you in the dick......it varies by batch, but the abv range is between 136-150. It will kill the bacteria in your mouth for sure, but is smooth and tasty. Buffalo Trace is good, too. I prefer my bourbon neat, just straight in a snifter or rocks glass. Lately I have been on a rootbeer kick and I don't like soda, so I bought some cheap bourbon to mix with it.

I'm not too versed in scotch because if I'm ever in the mood I tend to grab new bottles I've never tried before. The only one I have bought more than once are the Macallans 12 and 18.

Buffalo Trace has the Single Oak Project and Eagle Rare which are outstanding too. As for Scotch, my wife bought me a bottle of Blue Label for Christmas and it's good but not $125 good. Costco has their Kirkland label scotches for under $40 and they are a good bang for your buck. Right now they have an 18 year Highland that's pretty good.

Though I respect your view of making Manhattans with Bookers, I think it's a complete abomination to mix Bookers with anything other than ice (and even that's saying a lot since Bookers in my opinion should be drunk neat).

I hear you but it's ABV is off the charts. I will drink it on the rocks or with a splash of water.

I'm by no means a booze-snob; I'll usually stick to the cheap stuff with an occasional good bottle thrown-in.  I love aged Bushmills.  I brought back my own labeled bottle of 12 year old from my visit last summer, and it was amazingly smooth.  My buddy tried some of it, and accidentally broke one of the shot glasses so he bought me a bottle of 16 year old which was just as good.

I've made "hot-buttered Bushmills" for St. Patricks' Day for years...  Pour some regular Bushmills into a saucepan and add some brown sugar to taste; the bottles empty pretty fast.

My partner at work is more of a knowledgeable whiskey/scotch guy, and has bought me a couple of bottles for birthdays/Christmas.  The one I just cracked this week is a 10 year old Scottish Macallan scotch whiskey.  It is VERY smooth, with little after-burn; this bottle will not last very long, especially in my new Glencairn whiskey glasses.

When I go to beer/whiskey bars, I usually start with a combo.  Any ale/lighter beer with a double shot of Yukon Jack neat...  mmmm.  I always have a bottle of regular Jack or Makers or Beam for a bedtime sleep-aid as well.

I cycle through them all depending on mood and availability. Right now I'm liking the rye. Most time, regardless of what I'm drinking, I prefer just enough club soda to give it a fizz and a twist of lime but I also like to keep a bottle of 21 year old Glenlivet for special occasions like 4th of July walkoff wins. That I only drink neat and usually accompanied by a Montecristo #5.  

I love to sit by the pool, drinking a whiskey and beer, smoking a good cigar, and reading a good book..  My favorite me-time activity..

my grandfather used to keep a bottle of whiskey by his bed and take a nip every night before hitting the rack. he gave his whiskey a name - called it Cy - and would tell us "well, i think it's time to go say goodnight to Cy. see you boys in the morning. be good to your mother."

I was reading a Whiskey blog that said something to the effect of "it is your whiskey, drink it how you like. If you prefer it on the rocks, drink it on the rocks. That being said, never drink your good Whiskey on the rocks." I have found myself agreeing with this position the more I drink whiskey and scotch. I have found that just a tiny bit of water, like drops, not even a splash, really helps open the flavor and smoothness.