• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whiskey

9 minutes ago, Taggart said:

i've made them for years. the key is portion control. my buddy is one of the best mixologists in socal and is precise with measurements. he even uses a smoke machine  (i forget which wood he uses....maybe hickory). it's standard with the smoke flavor. it's pretty damn good.

14581433_10207667749758003_2573565806773

Looks like this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2016/12/05/a-new-take-on-the-classic-old-fashioned.html

5 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

that's pretty much it. he doesn't smoke it again at the end while it's in the glass ready though.

it's unique and good.

the dudes bar basically is a global event. every couple months he changes the theme. when i first met him the theme was new orleans (where i came across this old fashioned), so all the drinks were new orleans or south themed. then he moved on to south america or latin america and is now on asia, his menu is an absolute trip for all of the themes.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/23/the-perfect-excuse-to-drink-scotch-burns-night.html

The Perfect Excuse to Drink Scotch: Burns Night

The whole thing will be liberally sauced with Scotch. Whisky will be spilled on the haggis. It will be raised at every juncture. It will flow like the River Nith flows through Burns’s old farm in Dumfries. Your glass will be filled and filled again, which is fitting, for that was how Robbie would have had it. After all, he was given a marble punch bowl by his father-in-law. The first time Robbie said he’d marry Jean, her father fainted and sent her to live in another town, probably because Robbie had already knocked her up, despite recently fathering a child with his mother’s servant.

last time i was in OC i stopped by the anaheim brewery as usual for a pint whenever im down there.

walked over to the new packing house, hadn't been there since it first opened.

that hidden speakeasy is still great. they make a legit old fashioned. highly recommend getting a reservation and checking it out (or just schmoozing them like i did). 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

i love blanton's! my wife got me a bottle a while back. it's great. love me know what you think when you find some. 

trying.

i guess it's true, they really don't have a set delivery schedule and just drop them off. one place literally told me to just call in everyday.

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

trying.

i guess it's true, they really don't have a set delivery schedule and just drop them off. one place literally told me to just call in everyday.

i've had some success using bevmo for things i can't seem to get manually.

like there is a f*cking delish bison grass vodka i drank a ton of in poland. called Żubrówka. it wasn't available in the US because of the real piece of grass in it.

eventually they legalized it. but i couldnt find it anywhere. i actually got bevmo to locate it, and then did in store pickup and swung by like a week later to grab it.

sh*t it so good. reminds me my bottle is getting low.

give them a try for blantons they have a pretty wide network. 

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

i've had some success using bevmo for things i can't seem to get manually.

like there is a f*cking delish bison grass vodka i drank a ton of in poland. called Żubrówka. it wasn't available in the US because of the real piece of grass in it.

eventually they legalized it. but i couldnt find it anywhere. i actually got bevmo to locate it, and then did in store pickup and swung by like a week later to grab it.

sh*t it so good. reminds me my bottle is getting low.

give them a try for blantons they have a pretty wide network. 

i'll try them. the person that recommended it to me told me to try total wine. they were the ones that said they just get it whenever and to check with them because once they drop it off it's up in the front of the store and gone quickly. i'll try bevmo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 7:11 AM, AngelsLongBall said:

Noted. Makers is my regular, and I like to have some Buffalo trace around as well. I turned 40 a month ago and my buddies loaded me up with bourbon

Same here on my 40th last October. Suddenly my liquor cabinet was overflowing with good single malts, whiskey & bourbon. Its getting pretty lean now.