• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whiskey

MM is always a favorite, although to me it's on the sweeter side. The MM 46 is great, more smokey.  I too am a fan of Bulleit Whiskey and Woodford. I mostly mix the cheaper versions with ice and splash of coke, but drink the 46 and Four Roses neat.

I tried the Johnny Walker Black a couple months ago and really enjoyed it, has a very spicy/smokey quality to it.

Glenlivet 12, 15, or 18 year old.

I usually have a bottle of 12 for normal drinking and 18 for special occasions.

Two fingers on ice or occasionally Glenlivet and soda. 

Edited by nate

MM is always a favorite, although to me it's on the sweeter side. The MM 46 is great, more smokey.  I too am a fan of Bulleit Whiskey and Woodford. I mostly mix the cheaper versions with ice and splash of coke, but drink the 46 and Four Roses neat.

I tried the Johnny Walker Black a couple months ago and really enjoyed it, has a very spicy/smokey quality to it.

JW Black is one of the more solid bang for your buck scotches out there. If you like that, you should try Talisker, as it's the primary scotch used in the JW Black blend. I'm personally a fan of the really smoky, peaty Islay scotches. Laphroaig, Caol Isla, etc...

JW Black is one of the more solid bang for your buck scotches out there. If you like that, you should try Talisker, as it's the primary scotch used in the JW Black blend. I'm personally a fan of the really smoky, peaty Islay scotches. Laphroaig, Caol Isla, etc...

JW Black is my everyday scotch.  I'm not a guy who likes to break the bank on expensive booze so I also like Macallan 12.

Waaaay back in the day I used to be a Jack Daniels drinker.

JW Black is my everyday scotch.  I'm not a guy who likes to break the bank on expensive booze so I also like Macallan 12.

Waaaay back in the day I used to be a Jack Daniels drinker.

Glenlivet 12 is just a little bit more than JW Black and IMO it is much better.

I have a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year. I like the peat stuff as well but they are an aquired taste for sure.

I have the Lagavulin 16 also, did you get it at Costco, too? I like it, but a lot of people who aren't whiskey drinkers have not liked that one. (Fine with me, I didn't really want to share anyway!)

I did get it at Costco when they had it on sale for $55. It was the first heavily peated whiskey that I had. I know JWs are blended with some peat whiskeys and I like them as well.

I did get it at Costco when they had it on sale for $55. It was the first heavily peated whiskey that I had. I know JWs are blended with some peat whiskeys and I like them as well.

That's what I like about the JW Black is the smokey notes.  I actually prefer the blend to many of the single-malts which are a little "one-note" for me.