• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whiskey

On 10/21/2016 at 2:28 PM, mrwicked said:

that place looks good to. doesn't have the high end stuff, but they have few choice whiskeys there.

speaking of whiskey: had some pappy in LV last month. good stuff. WAY overhyped (even the distillery agrees), but always very good. i think they are releasing next batch as i type.

Which age Pappy? I think people pay what they do for that stuff just so they can say they have a bottle

• 1 month later...

buddy of mine in manhattan just sent me a bottle of pappy van winkle.

some high end store by him get 2 bottles of each from collectors and he basically consigns them. had all the way up to a $40,000 bottle of the 1953 batch that pappy himself distilled.

i've had pappy before, but never owned a bottle because i've never come across a bottle for sale. its so hilarious hard to find and expensive.

this is the 10 year, 'ol rip van winkle.

need to get the 15, 20 and 23 next. and maybe the rye. stoked to have a pour of this though.

50 minutes ago, Adam said:

The Albertson's store brand whiskey seems to be the brand of choice for aging divorcees with depleted ROTH 401K accounts

roth 401ks weren't a thing until 2006 or so, and are ideal for young workers who doesn't pay much in taxes. so those aging divorcees probably have depleted standard 401ks.

but at least they have access to cheap whiskey.

For a wedding gift we got a bottle of 8 year old crown in the cool velvet bag back in '79. I used the bag for other things but stashed the Crown in the cabinet and it survived three apartment and two house moves. 

About five years ago my wife gave it away to someone and didn't tell me. 

I'm not sure why we are not divorced.

9 hours ago, Adam said:

The Albertson's store brand whiskey seems to be the brand of choice for aging divorcees with depleted ROTH 401K accounts

i feel like we've talked about this before. i think it kind of turned into a thread about the uses of plastic bottle store whiskey.

6 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

im always impressed on that show intervention.

not just the fact that they drink the sh*ttiest booze imaginable. like vodka in plastic tubs.

but the quantity they drain down day after day.

its just damn impressive.

that old lady that kept a shitload of mini vodkas in her and car and purse was gnar. she was making excuses during work to go to her car and drink.

i remember she got out of her car and fell in the bushes.

On 12/18/2016 at 7:57 PM, Taggart said:

speaking of which, i read a week or so ago that bookers is doubling their price point, so instead of $50 it's $100.

Not too shocking. I've long thought Booker's was the best bang for your buck bourbon out there. When I was in college I would sell all my textbooks back after the last final of each semester, get a solid (like way more than I would normally spend at the time) lunch or dinner somewhere, then buy myself a bottle of Booker's with the money I got back.

7 minutes ago, calscuf said:

The wife got me a bottle of Aberfeldy 21 for Christmas.  I was at the distillery in he Scottish Highlands last year and got a taste for it.

Anyone else get a nice bottle for Christmas or Chanukah?

We don't get the really good stuff here but I got a bottle of Johnnie Walker Platinum. It'll keep me occupied until at least summer.

eh, i just drink it and buy more if need be. i've never held onto high end stuff longer than anything else.

we did a white elephant type of thing at work and the person got me johnnies walker black. pretty rough and i'm almost making old fashions with it to dilute it enough. but it's the thought that counts.

i've made them for years. the key is portion control. my buddy is one of the best mixologists in socal and is precise with measurements. he even uses a smoke machine  (i forget which wood he uses....maybe hickory). it's standard with the smoke flavor. it's pretty damn good.

14581433_10207667749758003_2573565806773