• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whiskey

changed my mind with whistle pig once i cut it with ice. i prefer to have them neat, but whistle pig was a little too overbearing. once i put it on the rocks it was one of the most perfect whiskeys i have ever had.

makes me feel differently about makers.

i used to. it was cool, but not really necessary because the whiskey never stayed in there long enough. so it felt like an extra step to rinse/wash it. cool to have though.

1 hour ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Now, feeling differently about Makers??

feeling differently may be too much. more like, driving a ferrari then going back to driving a base model bmw.

still trying to find blantons.

17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

i used to. it was cool, but not really necessary because the whiskey never stayed in there long enough. so it felt like an extra step to rinse/wash it. cool to have though.

It is purely for show for sure.  Feel like it is going to waste in the box it is in right now.  Guess I will put it to use.

1 hour ago, nate said:

It is purely for show for sure.  Feel like it is going to waste in the box it is in right now.  Guess I will put it to use.

i dug it. added some style to the house and never had an issue with the whiskey. good sweet smell, too, when you go to clean it out when it's empty. i dig the crystal, but it also came with really cool tumbler glasses that i love to use.

give it a whirl.

On 5/30/2017 at 0:09 PM, nate said:

Any of you guys use a crystal decanter?  I got one as a gift but am hesitant to use it because I know Whiskey/Scotch can oxidize from too much sunlight and ruin the taste.

It can but it oxidizes much slower than wine or beer. I have a decanter but I don't use it. I use a wine decanter if I'm having a dinner party or holiday meal. They work great for wine.

• 3 months later...
On 5/18/2017 at 10:04 AM, mrwicked said:

i've had some success using bevmo for things i can't seem to get manually.

like there is a f*cking delish bison grass vodka i drank a ton of in poland. called Żubrówka. it wasn't available in the US because of the real piece of grass in it.

eventually they legalized it. but i couldnt find it anywhere. i actually got bevmo to locate it, and then did in store pickup and swung by like a week later to grab it.

sh*t it so good. reminds me my bottle is getting low.

give them a try for blantons they have a pretty wide network. 

I just picked up a bottle of this. I normally hate vodka, but holy shit this is actually delicious.

tried some vodka in maui. my wife saw a bottle that she really liked and wanted to use for a souvenir so we bought it (just a small bottle). had never tried vodka so i filled the cap and drank it. it wasn't very much, but it was like a combination of rubbing alcohol and jalapeños. there was nothing remotely interesting or flavorful about it.

14 minutes ago, Tank said:

tried some vodka in maui. my wife saw a bottle that she really liked and wanted to use for a souvenir so we bought it (just a small bottle). had never tried vodka so i filled the cap and drank it. it wasn't very much, but it was like a combination of rubbing alcohol and jalapeños. there was nothing remotely interesting or flavorful about it.

See, and that's been my previous experience with Vodka also. Literally any vodka I always thought of as just disgusting.

This is totally different though. It's about 20 times less burn, and a strong vanilla flavor with a hint of citrus.

• 1 month later...