• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ebola "out of control" in West Africa/Texas Maybe Cleveland?

I'm not gonna care until I actually get sick or see sick people. I'm not gonna live my life like Asian covered in head to toe walking around with a respirator all day

you can always join sneaky flute in ignoring all the fuss.

ostriches-head-in-sand.jpg

DALLAS (AP) — A Liberian Ebola patient was left in an open area of a Dallas emergency room for hours, and the nurses treating him worked for days without proper protective gear and faced constantly changing protocols, according to a statement released late Tuesday by the largest U.S. nurses' union.

Nurses were forced to use medical tape to secure openings in their flimsy garments, worried that their necks and heads were exposed as they cared for a patient with explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting, said Deborah Burger of National Nurses United.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/15/dallas-nurses-ebola_n_5989250.html

Yikes!!!

DALLAS (AP) — A Liberian Ebola patient was left in an open area of a Dallas emergency room for hours, and the nurses treating him worked for days without proper protective gear and faced constantly changing protocols, according to a statement released late Tuesday by the largest U.S. nurses' union.

Nurses were forced to use medical tape to secure openings in their flimsy garments, worried that their necks and heads were exposed as they cared for a patient with explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting, said Deborah Burger of National Nurses United.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/15/dallas-nurses-ebola_n_5989250.html

Yikes!!!

I work in the public health/emergency response field.  

Their are several real life incidents that we use and study to find out what not to do.  Katrina is one of those cases.  The way Texas Presbyterian handled a patient that needed quarantining will be another.

For the people who say its not something to worry about--I think the fear is more in what is actually happening. Our hospitals have no idea how to handle this, we are still allowing flights from west Africa, the CDC seems lost. I don't think the panic is in ebola itself, I think the fear and panic is that we are ignorant to this virus and how to contain it.

What's a reasonable response? Wearing a hazmat suit to the market? 

a reasonable response is to show concern for a disease that is spreading and has the potential to be pretty devastating. are you not able to watch the news where you live? are you unaware that two healthcare workers have become infected and that there are concerns about others who have had contact with infected patients? does it have to kill 4000 people here for you to say "hey, maybe we ought to be doing something about this."? you seem to be in some kind of cocoon that says this isn't nearly as serious as people are making it out to be, plus there's no way it could affect you. it seems awfully cavalier to me that you see it this way.

instead of getting snarky about it, how about something in between, like showing some concern for your fellow humans?

the one positive is from what I have read and been instructed is that most of the spreading is happening with the explosive diarrhea and vomiting.  

Case Zero in the US did not spread the disease with his first visit to the hospital in fort worth and did not spread it to anyone that he was staying with.  He only spread it to the two health care workers who were working with him when he had explosive diarrhea and was vomiting.

a reasonable response is to show concern for a disease that is spreading and has the potential to be pretty devastating. are you not able to watch the news where you live? are you unaware that two healthcare workers have become infected and that there are concerns about others who have had contact with infected patients? does it have to kill 4000 people here for you to say "hey, maybe we ought to be doing something about this."? you seem to be in some kind of cocoon that says this isn't nearly as serious as people are making it out to be, plus there's no way it could affect you. it seems awfully cavalier to me that you see it this way.

instead of getting snarky about it, how about something in between, like showing some concern for your fellow humans?

Fretting over something that won't become an epidemic in the U.S. is hardly showing concern for fellow humans. It's just being neurotic.