• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ebola "out of control" in West Africa/Texas Maybe Cleveland?

Since the center of disease control has yet to find a source from where the Ebola virus comes from and outbreaks are taking place in cities, I kind of doubt it is sourced from "Bush meat."

The thing is that "bush meat" isn't a rural thing in West Africa. It's commonly sold at markets in major cities.

It's a little long (18 min), but this shows pretty clearly that "bush meat" is an urban normality.

http://www.vice.com/vice-news/liberias-new-ebola-outbreak

Edited by Don Tomlinson

Since the center of disease control has yet to find a source from where the Ebola virus comes from and outbreaks are taking place in cities, I kind of doubt it is sourced from "Bush meat."

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2012/09/deadly-african-ebola-virus-linked-to-bushmeat/#.U7VgrPldUn4

http://www.irinnews.org/report/96160/drc-bushmeat-blamed-for-ebola-outbreak

it is very common for the virus to start when "bushmeat" is handled or eaten raw....not eaten after cooked.  In fact that is where the virus most often begins.  Once I human contracts it from animals then the virus from there spreads from human to human contact.  

The CDC and WHO have an idea of the origin since fruit bats are a natural host.  

Im a nerd so I like following stuff like this.

The movie outbreak is based on ebola. If anyone feels like being a nerd like me, read the book 'hot zone'. Pretty scary

The 'good' thing about ebola is its incubation period and nightmare death rate. Meaning, the onset is so fast and it kills before it spreads widely (as opposed to HIV).

The current outbreak is very interesting because its hitting major cities. It normally doesnt make it out of the interior

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Who cares if it's happening in Africa.  Oh wait what did you say fan and rally?

This is the ultimate WMD that the US should be concerned with.  All they need to do is traffic a few hoes with Ebola through Mexico and it'll look like the end credits of Planet of the Apes.

Edited by gotbeer