• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ebola "out of control" in West Africa/Texas Maybe Cleveland?

Scientists at the University of Minnesota's Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy:

We believe there is scientific and epidemiologic evidence that Ebola virus has the potential to be transmitted via infectious aerosol particles both near and at a distance from infected patients, which means that healthcare workers should be wearing respirators, not facemasks.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-13/cidrap-we-believe-there-scientific-evidence-ebola-has-potential-be-airborne

Edited by fan_since79

well, we don't really need to start worrying until at least 4,000 americans here are dead.

at least according to some.

You have people drawing parallels between ebola and a medieval disease that wiped out half of Europe's population, so I guess the sensational news coverage is working. 

Unless someone is creating new, inconspicuous vectors for the virus and plans to spread it among millions of people , I wouldn't worry about it. 

Being a vet of the Soviet threat era, I've done many, many chemical warfare exercises. The first rule of contamination containment is that you cannot remove your own contaminated PPE. If they don't have a strictly enforced process for stripping off the suits then there's no point in wearing them.

This creates an endless loop of contaminated suits that require removal and in the process contaminating another. Better just to kill everything with fire.

I went through training yesterday with infection prevention at my work.

One suggested that we don't need to gown up if at the door of the patient.

I said. "You're crazy if u think I'm crossing that door without ppe. Her response "well its not airborne, do you know how much time you're gonna waste doffing and Un doffing" I said "idc how long it takes. 10 minutes - 30 min whatever, isn't worth contracting a deadly virus. putting myself and when I go home my family and society at risk if u don't want me to gown up when I enter an ebola roo then im not going in"

They have no fvcking clue what we're gonna do if someone walks into the er right now with symptoms. They're still in the early stages of planning the protocol.

We're bleaching everything we throw away. Bleaching our gloves. A special chemical to throw on stool, pee, vomit when in toilet.

It's honestly scary as hell to think about it.

Edited by nando714

But let the 190,000+ people continue to come here from West Africa this year. We wouldn't want to lose those tourism dollars or make people feel bad that they can't visit the good old USA.

Imagine if one of those infected people went to Disneyland on a weekend.  Nando wouldn't have to take off his hazmat suit.  Which then brings up the question.  If you have multiple different people come in with signs of Ebola at one location.  Do you change suits for each patient you see? 

Yes you would have doff and Un doff.

I doubt they'd assign u to more than 1 ebola patient.

If this happens I'm asking my work to admit me for observation for at least 3 weeks. No way I'm going home.

Interesting, I thought it was "don" and "doff"

Interesting, I thought it was "don" and "doff"

Infection prevention kept saying doff yesterday. At least that's what I heard. Heavy Asian accent

That's what their most worried about. Doffing (taking off)

But then I asking when we put on (don) the gown is anyone watching. She said yes of course.

Edited by nando714

I went through training yesterday with infection prevention at my work.

One suggested that we don't need to gown up if at the door of the patient.

I said. "You're crazy if u think I'm crossing that door without ppe. Her response "well its not airborne, do you know how much time you're gonna waste doffing and Un doffing" I said "idc how long it takes. 10 minutes - 30 min whatever, isn't worth contracting a deadly virus. putting myself and when I go home my family and society at risk if u don't want me to gown up when I enter an ebola roo then im not going in"

They have no fvcking clue what we're gonna do if someone walks into the er right now with symptoms. They're still in the early stages of planning the protocol.

We're bleaching everything we throw away. Bleaching our gloves. A special chemical to throw on stool, pee, vomit when in toilet.

It's honestly scary as hell to think about it.

so how long have worked with sneaky flute?

What type of wine did he pair with the bush meat spread on Thanksgiving?

They ate from a kitchen that prepared only for those visiting from outside Africa since the local food is not only unpalatable but filled with bacterial microbes most intestines have never experienced. Much of the meals were vegetarian consisting of a mush like consistency. All drinks were bottled, no one was allowed well water.

CDC chief unveils new plan. "Rapid response teams" will be at hospitals "hands on, within hours".  To do what, is not clear.

He said their earlier response could have been "more robust". I hate that word. Government people and politicians always use that word.

I don't feel relieved for some reason.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/14/us-health-ebola-usa-idUSKCN0I31Q620141014

Edited by fan_since79